JOLE...can I ask you a question? (read on please)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Feb 27, 2009.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I was reading the Grapeseed Extract posts doing research on it and I came across a message in which you said that Grapeseed Extract is you recall? Can I ask where you found this out and whether Pycnogenol is yeast-related also, if you happen to know?
    I am intolerant to yeast according to a blood test I had - I'm hoping I'll still be able to supplement with Pycnogenol...
    Can you tell me where you found out about GE being related to yeast..? In all my net research, I've not seen this anywhere til I read your message...
    Thanks, Shelbo
    [This Message was Edited on 02/28/2009]
  2. shelbo

shelbo New Member

In the hope Jole will see =)
  3. jole

jole Member

Yes, the reason I said that was because I was going to by some GSE at the pharmacy, and happened to read the ingredients....which listed yeast as one of the ingredients.

I don't know if it was just the brand or if all GSE has yeast in it, to be honest, but their brand did.

As far as the Pycnogenol, I can't answer that. I'll try looking that up or asking my doc tomorrow when I go, if I don't forget.

Sorry it took me so long to respond....I've been at my daughter's for a few days, and just saw on another board that I had a message here. If you find some Grapeseed Extract that doesn't have yeast, please let me know, okay? I would certainly like to give it a try. ***Jole***
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Trader Joes that does not have yeast in it.

The bottle says Trader Darwins

I haven't gotten brave enough to try it out yet though.
  5. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Thanks for replying and for clearing that up. I had assumed that what you were saying was that GE in itself contains yeast. It seems you were referring to an added ingredient in a GE supplement you saw. Totally different things - I feel reassured now =)

The one I bought is called is by Food Science of Vermont and says it is free of yeast. It's in a base of rice flour and encapsulated with vegetable cellulose, both of which are fine for those avoiding yeast, I'm sure...

It's early days - I'll keep the board posted on my progress...

Thanks again Jole! Shelbo =)