(((((((( Joyce345 ))))))))

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by orachel, Sep 22, 2005.

1. orachel

orachel New Member

Thanks so much for your last post in my sos nightmare! lol
    I know exactly what you're talking about in terms of having negative self talk and guilt and self doubts that contribute overall to the day to day struggle with our physical problems.

You are absolutely right about not beating myself up about "dirty little doubts" that some really undereducated, abraisive, and 'god complex-y' doctor set into motion with his complete and utter dismissal of my physical concerns based entirely on "my manic behavior" during a 10 minute conversation. This almost seems funny to me now (after a little time has passed) because I sought medical attention due to concerns ABOUT extreme neurological problems that started overnight and seemed to be causing manic behavior!!! lol

Doctors who know nothing about CFS and FM and assume its all in our heads are pretty dang awful. But, in my opinion, the biggest problem comes from docs who THINK they posess an understanding of FM/CFS because they did a some research years ago...research that is now completely antiquated and dismissed as incorrect and misinformed by great Docs who keep up on the latest information and studies about these DDs.

There's so much new information every day, and the majority of research into fm/cfs has changed its "thinking" entirely in last 10 years or so! It seems like even those docs who were dedicated and working hard to assist people with fm/cfs by researching to find out causation seemed to support the theory that fm/cfs was 'caused' primarily by the issues of lack of exercise and good mental health. Thank goodness, we now have some new medical technology that allows docs who do their homework to see "absolute proof" that there is definitely are definite, visable, PHYSICAL problems in the body for people who have fm/cfs. While there's no absolute proof of any one cause yet (and in my opinion there are a variety of physical factors working together), theres more studies every day to help to get to the bottom of this! And I really do believe, just based on the amazing strides researchers have made in the last few years alone, that there will be ABSOLUTE treatments for FM and CFS (not just "band-aids" for the symptoms) within the next decade or so. That is DEFINITELY something to look forward to!!!

Obviously, working to keep the body as strong as you can be within physical limitations is still important, as is treatment for any variety of depression or mental health issues that may be making the physical problems and discomfor less bearable for the people suffering it.

Frankly, I'd like to meet a person dealing with a chronic pain condition (especially one as unpredicatable and varied as ours!) who hadn't had to deal with some depression or at the very least counseling to learn to LIVE as happy and content a life as possible within physical limitations. I'd say that was either the happiest most "flexible" human being on the planet, or just a deluded one! lol

I have been feeling so good emotionally for the past few weeks and had really just come to terms with the reality of my current limitations, and the strength (emotionally at least!!!) to really start finding ways to "normalize" my life, regardless of how pain levels and fatigue issues are. The support system here made such a differnce for me! The total positivity (we hurt and we're tired and there's struggles...but we're hangin' in there!), and the opportunity to chat with people who knew what I was going thru, and the exchange of information and ideas on ways to get well, and even the ability to offer help and advice to others who had a problem or might be having a really rough day....all of this was just invaluable to me!!!

I think the fact that I'd just come to "a new understanding" of what I was facing and was starting to feel so emotionally strong again was one of the reasons that my major neurological freakout and my wacky pcp doctor treating me like a hysterical woman and a malingerer threw me for SUCH a big loop! Whew! Glad that's over!

I really feel back on track now (Thanks in WHOLE to all of you who offered support/empathy and really literally FIGURED OUT what I'm 99% sure was causing such extreme neuro symptoms!)...ready to be positive and PROACTIVE about my health and wellness again. Plus, it really makes me chuckle and feel EMPOWERED for all of us here...You guys did the research and had the experience dealing with certain meds to literally find the cause of my problems and concerns....when none of the doctors could! I absolutely love great doctors, but even they don't have all the answers (as the good ones will readily admit! LOL), and the bad ones who ridicule and make us out to be the source of all the very real physical issues?...well we're gonna run into them inevitably....But now I know that we can just Run the other way!

Thanks so much for your reminder that "positivity is the path" that gets us to our best physical and mental health! I'm sure I'll fall off the path occasionally, as we all do from time to time, but it feels amazing to know I have all of you guys to help me find solutions to the issue and point me in the right direction again!

Many hugs, and wishing you many many happy days ahead..regardless of the circumstances.
    Rachel

2. Joyce345

Joyce345 New Member

Rachel, thanks so much for your lovely letter and much information about FM. I do hope you're feeling better today but I did get up a little " foggy" this morning. We have a new weather front coming through and these affect me so all that wonderful advice I gave you, I must now give to myself. AGAIN!! LOL

I just wanted to let you know about that great thread you had started on "getting to know you". I thought that was such a unique idea so I posted and somehow hit the wrong icon. Boy was I embarassed because it was the little guy " mooning" at you. Here I wanted to make a good impression and put my foot in my mouth! LOLOL I tried to edit but I couldn't remove the icon. Well now you know you're dealing with a real Looney Toon!!

My prayers are with you to have a good, healthy day. Write when you get a chance.

Luvs & Hugs,
    Joyce
  3. Joyce345

Joyce345 New Member

Rachel, thanks so much for your lovely letter and much information about FM. I do hope you're feeling better today but I did get up a little " foggy" this morning. We have a new weather front coming through and these affect me so all that wonderful advice I gave you, I must now give to myself. AGAIN!! LOL

I just wanted to let you know about that great thread you had started on "getting to know you". I thought that was such a unique idea so I posted and somehow hit the wrong icon. Boy was I embarassed because it was the little guy " mooning" at you. Here I wanted to make a good impression and put my foot in my mouth! LOLOL I tried to edit but I couldn't remove the icon. Well now you know you're dealing with a real Looney Toon!!

My prayers are with you to have a good, healthy day. Write when you get a chance.

Luvs & Hugs,
    Joyce