Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, May 4, 2007.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad you are enjoying your granddaughter. I remember that she is about the same age as my Andy. Have you a pic to post of her in your profile? I'd love to see her. Take care.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

3. Jude

Jude New Member

I don't have a scanner for my computer or I would scan a photo. My little Ava was two in January. She is blonde with blue eyes. Her hair comes to the top of her shoulders in length and is starting to curl on the ends with a loose curl. Her parents don't have curls and the other three grandparents don't either, so guess who she got that from. She adds a lot of joy to my life and I know that I am lucky that I live close enough to see her once a week. She has taught me how to play again.

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sounds like you are in love with little Ava. She sounds adorable too. Glad you are enjoying her so much. If you have a camera phone, you can e-mail the pic to yourself and save the pic to your hard drive. Then, you can browse it and put it in your profile. Same with digital cameras. You can upload the pics to your hard drive or, if your kids have digital cameras, they can take a pic and e-mail it to you.

My Snowbird neighbor and I keep photos on our phones. When she comes back next year, we'll sit down and look at each other's pics on our phones. Sure beats hauling around those little albums in one's purse. Of course, in between, we e-mail pics back and forth all the time.

My kids send a lot of pics of Andy because, I'm sure, like Ava, he is changing and growing so fast.

There is a little girl who just turned two living at the end of our condo bldg. She is adorable. When Andy came down last time, they kissed. It was so sweet. The other night, the little girl was out with her mom. There was a fluffy cloud covering just a bit of the moon. Jaylen said, "Mommie, the moon has a blankie." OMG, when I heard that, my heart melted.

I used to wonder what was so great about being a grandma. Now I know.

Love, Mikie
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I was not quite sure it was 'you' when I saw the name on the board, but took a chance and opened it anyway......

Its wonderful to see you here, and to hear about your lovely granddaughter. She sounds so beautiful. Give her a hug for me. She sounds like my daughter when she was little, curls and all!

Hope everything has been good with you? Its been a longtime since I heard from you.

Drop me an email if you have the time. I sure miss you. Mikie has my email address if you lost track of it.

You have always been such a great friend.

Our Mikie can always tell you how to get things done with the computers, she is a wizz-kid with techonology, and never stops learning!

Shalom, Shirl