Judge ruled in my favor for SSD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by grandmasheri, Sep 12, 2005.

1. grandmasheri

grandmasheri New Member

hi guys,
    i don't post much, but read often and you all have helped me so much. I had to share my news. won SSD at first appeal hearing. God bless you all! Sheri
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Sheri,
    I'm so happy for you! That should get rid of some stress :) OH, HAPPY DAY
    Take care
    Dee50
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I'm glad you don't have to keep wrestling with it like so many do. Did you have an attorney to help? What a relief it must be.

Francie
  4. orachel

orachel New Member

I'm so glad for you!!! That's amazing. Don't know if I've ever heard of someone getting ssd after 1 hearing. Can I ask you a couple of kinda personal questions? If you aren't comfortable answering, I totally understand. What I was wondering was if you have any other major health probs other than FM, or if your ruling was based on FM alone as health prob. Also, if you dont' mind my asking, how long were you unable to work before you got ssD to consider your request?

Thanks so much. I know this is kind of personal, but most posts with good ssd findings have multiple health probs, and so far I've only been diagnosed with FM and Bursitis (not that they don't completely make it impossible to funcion in my life...lol) and am unable to work, and I'm very young, only 30, so I've been worried that regardless of the level of pain, fatigue, and disability I have, SSD wouldn't take me seriously.

Thanks so much for your openness!
    Rachel
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Congratulations! How long did it take from application to approval?

Love, Mikie
  6. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

It's always good to read a Post saying that someone got their SSD approved.
    It's a tough battle sometimes, and to win the first time out, is GREAT! ;o)
    God Bless you too Sheri,

;o)

sharonk
  7. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

So happy for you...

Congrats!!!!!!
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  8. hidlyn

hidlyn New Member

I'm very happy for you. That's great.

Heidi
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

What a relief that must be for you.

Hugs,
    Sue
  10. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

It is comforting to know that you will not have to go through all of the pain and suffering of fighting back and forth with the SSA.

God Bless!
    Marcia