Juicing... lowers cholesterol levels

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanna4550, Apr 19, 2006.

1. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

My sweet hubby has been juicing every day and eating mostly vegetables and fruits and nuts during the day. This all happened when he had the prostate cancer scare (he will have another biopsy in June). Anyway, he went in for a general yearly checkup and his Cholesterol levels were down to 140. Wow. He was taking medicine for it and now he doesn't need to take it anymore.
    I am so happy that he is taking this positive step to keep himself healthy and prevent the cancer growth and this is another positive perk.
    I have tried the juice and it's good, but my blood sugar levels need protein for every meal. I suppose I could add a few Tablespoons of Whey protein to it, huh.
    So, I think the juicing is definately a good step for health.
    Nanna
  2. patches25

patches25 New Member

Something you may want to read if you haven't already. go to the keephopealive website and read what they say about the value of beets and beet juice. Keep up the juicing - sounds great. E.
  3. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Thanks to Patches, wamps, twinofdar, dinnfngrs for reply's.
    I'll print out that recipe twinofdar.
    Yes Wendy, let me know what else is good.
    I like apple/carrot the best. My sweety puts lots of stuff in the juice- a big pile of fruits and vegetables.
    The beets have a distinctive taste and it definately has alot of red color, but when mixed with carrots, celery, apples, spinach, and the greens from the beets, too, it's not bad. I tried the Whey today and it wasn't bad either.
    Are there any recipes for FM?
    Keep up the juicing. LOL, Nanna
  4. gramaT

gramaT New Member

Hi
    I wonder if it would bring my chol down. Its 330, high, I know. Mabe that and the Coconut oil too.

Good post

Blessings, Carolyn
  5. namow

namow New Member

Specially to lower cholesterol!
  6. berrytired

berrytired New Member

I want to juice...but don't know if I have the stomach for it...blah! fruit would be ok...but I know beet juicing is so good but I hate them...
  7. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Hey Nanna, was surpised to see your post this morning on the "first page" as YESTERDAY I bought a juicer.

This really was not a recent decision......I had bought the Juice Lady's Juicing for Health Book probably over a year ago.

I had checked into juicers but never purchased one. I don't shop much, I go to work, after, teach my water aerobics class, physical therapy, not much time for stores.

Anyway, yesterday, I was at the Naval Base in Newport RI and they had a juicer on display.......and I was trying to remember what the Juice Lady said about buying a juicer, I remembered two things, the shute should be large enough that we don't have to do a lot of cutting of the fruits and veggies, and the motor should be powerful. This juicer seemed to meet that criteria so I bought it!

Last night I read some of her book. Need to send the dishwasher parts through the dishwasher..... A lot of the receipies call for lime or lemon, I do have allergies to citrus. I hope I get good results without these.

June

[This Message was Edited on 04/22/2006]
  8. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Want to share with everyone the intro to the book "Juicing for Health" by Cherie Calboom, MS

"My real health crisis came when I turned 30 and developed a devasting case of chronic fatigue syndrome. I felt as though I had a never-end-ing flu and was perennially lethargic. In constant pain, I also had what is now diagnosed as fibromyalgia. That, couple with hypoglycemia and infection wiht Candida albicans ( a systemic yeast infection) meant I had never felt worse. I visited a holistic doctor who tested me for food allergies, and I left his office with a list of allergens longer than my arm. It was one of the most discouraging times of my life. "

She continues with her path for healing giving juicing top billing for her improvements.

After success with juicing, she went to school for a Masters in nutrition so she could lecture creditably.

As we ALL know, NO ONE THING is going to make us better. We need to, however, have a tool box with various tools to work on ourselves. So, yesterday, I bought a new tool, a juicer, not a hasty decision as I bought the Juice Lady's book over a year ago...... :)

I have a hard time developing NEW habits, I just simply "forget" but if I leave the juicer on my counter, it might be hard to overlook unlike a new herbal pill bottle in my cabinet.

This book has recipies listed by ailment then within the ailment, catagories, the fibromyalgia includes "The Feel Good Cocktail", "Antiviral Cocktail" "Turnip Time", "Pure Green Sprout Drink" "Magnesium Special", "Parsley Pep" "The Morning Energizer", "Afternoon Refresher", "Tomato Florentine" "Spicy Tomato on Ice", "Thyroid Tonic"

Fondly, June
    [This Message was Edited on 04/22/2006]