Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kellygirl, Sep 15, 2008.

1. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

Does anyone have that Jack L. juicer? It looks easy and healthy, but the only way to know is to ask anyone that is using one.

I want to try it and will try to come up with $$$ somehow if it is worth it.

2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I have heard good things about the jack L. juicer, but I don't have one. I have a Champion that my folks let us have. The other day I made peach juice, then tried a combo of apple-pear. Both were delicious!
  3. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I had one years ago, but it was so much work cutting everything up. This one seems so simple. On the commercial, just put everything in, no cutting peels or anything.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

is that it wastes a lot, ie, doesn't get as much juice from the fruit or veggies and a lot is still in the pulp.

However, it is cheap so everything has to be taken into account.

IMHO most juicers- if not all- are difficult to clean, the one task I hate. I don't mind cutting things up, but it's the cleaning out the pulp 'basket'. I did just buy a Breville juicer that is supposed to be able to take larger chunks and easier to clean... I'll see!

The other option is to get something like a Vitamix which doesn't take out the pulp but reduces the whole fruit/veggie into a 'soup'... actually the pulp does have good things in it too, not to mention FIBER. If anyone has any blood sugar problems, this might be something to take into account. Altho the Vitamix is pretty expensive.

But I'd think anything would work for a beginning...
    all the best,

[This Message was Edited on 09/17/2008]
  5. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I love this juicer. My daughters bought it for me last year as a Christmas gift, but the whole family enjoys using it.

You don't have to core anything, put carrots and apples in, stems seeds and all. Veggies too. You just can't really put in anything soft like a banana; for some reason the blade cannot process it very well.

My favorite is just carrots blended with granny smith apple. Yum!!! And I feel revitalized after such a fresh fruit drink. I think it's a good, healthy investment. Enjoy!!

6. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I use my blender. I make a Green Smoothie everyday.
  7. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

There is plenty on eBay, maybe I can get cheaper right now. Some are just the juicer, others are selling the entire package.

Thanks for letting me know your experiences.