Jules gets a break

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jewels920, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

I'm changing to days, becoming a secretary for the executive director of our little entertainment district in KC.

This is a very, very positive change. I've been a law enforcement dispatcher for 6 years, working nights the entire time, and I need out of the life and death business.

Though often a pain in my nether regions, I do love my crew and will get to see them at shift change. I'm hoping it will be the best of both worlds.

I've been under SO MUCH STRESS from my night job--I usually bounce back from such things but I've been in major victim-pout mode for months now.

I actually have DREAMS of seeing a tree, walking on the grass barefoot, looking at a lake, seeing sunshine--it sounds silly but when it's dark when you leave for work and dark when you come home (and you gotta sleep sometime--you all know how much it hurts if you don't sleep)...

I had one dream the other day in a beautiful setting where people were working and I made them stop and look at the beautiful mountains and lake they had as a view. I started crying (in the dream) while telling them all they had and what it's like to work in a stuffy office all night, not safe to go outside, miss the color change of the autumn leaves every year (doesn't look the same at night), etc...

Yeah. Time for a change. So--if you don't hear from me for awhile, fear not. I will soon return to the board. I'm probably getting my sleep cycle changed around and my MEDS OMG MY MEDS! I'm going to have to change around the meds I take at bedtime versus the ones I take in the evenings! ACK!

I can do this. I can do this.

Love and hugs.

P.S. Willruthie is a friend on MySpace. She's fine. :)
  2. Doober

Doober New Member

this is good news. Good changes are always welcome.

It must be a relief for you in knowing that you will now be working "Normal" daytime hours. Also the less stress from the dispatching duties. That is a tremendous responsibility as it is and it is something to be very proud of that you were a part of helping those in your community.

It is definately going to take some getting used to and the body adjusting to the changes. I hope it goes smoothly and enjoy the new job. You deserve it.
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Sounds like a very very positive change! Congratulations!
    Can't wait for your dreams to come true and you can walk through the grass barefoot with the sunshine beaming down on you.
    Working nights is a whole 'nother animal. I don't know how you've done it for so long!
    You'll be a normal person. LOL
    Again, congrats to you!
  4. budmickl

budmickl New Member

That is great news! If you have had to deal with my brother who is a KC cop, then I can imagine the stress and bull cwap you have been through for 6 yrs.

The P&L District sounds so exciting. I live right here and haven't been downtown for almost a year. Such a shame to live in a city with all the new restaurants and entertainment venues opening up and be holed up in my little black hole.

Anyway - WAY TO GO!!!

5. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Congratulations, Jules!! Good luck with your new job!! doloresf1
  6. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

It's so wonderful to have a cheering section...

Budmickl--now ya got me wonderin' cuz I probably have met your brother if he works in Center or East Zone...

Still don't have a start date. But I know it's going to happen, so it's all good.

Looking forward to seeing the world from another perspective. And, I hope to be an advocate for Public Safety with those who make the policies. Funny how the people who make the policy don't have contact with those whom it affects...

7. budmickl

budmickl New Member

His territory is around 39th St.

He's been on the force almost a year... I think. Maybe 2 yrs?

Wish I could find a fun job down in that area. I worked downtown 26 yrs (7th and Main, 10th and Baltimore, 12th and Walnut)and miss being down there, believe it or not!

Keep us posted! And if you hear of any other cool jobs, think of me!

8. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

39th Street...I probably know him. I've gotten to know many, many KCPD officers over the years. All kinds of personalities, many different backgrounds...it's been enjoyable. And I hope to change things here for the better for all of the officers who have 'the duty' in Westport.

What kind of work are you looking for? I talk to lots of people every day. You never know. I could hear of something.

9. kjade

kjade New Member

This is GREAT NEWS!! I know from a lot of our chats that your dispatcher job was very stressful for you. Oh, and those HOURS!! I do not envy anyone who works nights. I did once many years ago, and I HATED IT! You are right - you never really see the daylight, and it can be depressing.

So, with this new job, will you be working with a lot of other people? Will it still be only men? I still laugh when I think about what you wrote about sharing the bathroom with those guys - the way you described it was so funny.

Well, I'm very happy for you! I hope you don't stay away too long!!
  10. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

Yes, alas, it's still only men, little bundles of bodily functions that they are.

The bathroom problem is still ongoing but I can't really blame my guys for it as the bathrooms are shared by another company of, you guessed it, all men.

Got some Clorox hard surface cleaner and wipe things down before use. That saves me from going all Xena on these guys.

Right now, we have the flu running rampant through the office. Several have been knocked flat by it. I swear these guys must walk around and lick all the keyboards or something.

What's a mother do to? :)

11. springwater

springwater Active Member

happy to hear your change of job and timings, while i find night time very romantic, I do think working should be done during daytime and night time for unwinding...

Good luck

God Bless
  12. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

I appreciate your kind words.

13. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

It sounds like that'll be a good change for you. :)
  14. budmickl

budmickl New Member

How is the new job going or have you started it yet?

Hope it goes great! Is it located in the P & L District?

15. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

Nuff said.

16. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

I am doing well and very happy to see the sun again. It's definitely not life and death anymore, though some people in some of the meetings seem to think their petty little issues are life and death.

Thanks so much for your support and encouragement!!!!

Still here lurking while the boss is looking the other way...

17. kjade

kjade New Member

Good to hear things are going well for you! I'm glad you are able to see the sun again!

Hope to see you write more - I always enjoy reading what you have to say! (but only when the boss isn't looking! - Don't worry, I won't tell!)
  18. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

a pretty good boss. He understands that when there's nothing to do--there's nothing to do!