Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jasminetee, Nov 19, 2007.

1. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I think some people misunderstood what you meant in your "What If..." thread but others there seemed to get it. I hope you read my response that I just put in there.

You know, I was kind of blown away by what some folks there wrote but then reading on, some of them seemed to be actually making a positive statement even though earlier on it seemed negative. I don't know this for sure.

I read your Bio and have seen your picture and it's obvious to me that you are a positive person and you probably treat everyone around you really well. I didn't find your questions to be negative at all. I guess the only thing to do is realize that this is a public forum and some people are going to take things the wrong way and they will express their displeasure.

I thought you handled it really well and the statement you came on and made about not reading any further was a classy way of dealing with it.

Boy, the last thing you need is to end up flaring for wondering aloud here.

[This Message was Edited on 11/21/2007]
  2. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

It's getting out of hand over there. Seems to happen from time to time. Jules, I found your "What If" post very touching.

3. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

And you know what? I might have read it wrong. ::shrugs:: I'm certainly not perfect, by any means. I felt the need to defend myself after reading some of the posts and instead of jumping in and saying, "Don't tell me what I know or don't know...blah, blah, blah..." which would only serve to make others feel they needed to defend themselves, I decided to just let it go after informing everyone who contributed that I wouldn't be reading it again. Then, I struck up conversations with individuals who responded on other posts that I created.

Plus the fact that with a written message, we are receiving a very small portion of communication--we don't get voice inflection or facial expression...

I guess I missed the derogatory posts to Mikie and/or S-Elaine. Sounds like things did get pretty rough over there.

I'm online all night at work and when I'm off, Sun/Mon/Tues, the last thing I want to do is sit in front of the computer all night, so I usually hop on for a moment, see if anyone has asked me any questions or needs anything from me, then I'm logged off until Wednesday.

While I do realize that people who come to these message boards are very sick, I think we should all try to meet each other halfway. I'm sick, too.

I hope things get better over there. It's a valuable resource.

And, we definitely don't need to flare due to message board stress! I mean, how ridiculous is that? Message board stress! Like we don't have enough stress without being hit with it online.

Hugs and love.

[This Message was Edited on 11/21/2007]