julieo

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mollystwin, Jul 20, 2006.

1. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Just did a search on gamma globulin injections and your post from June came up. I was wondering if you got the injections and if they worked for you? I had three so far, I herxed on the second so they reduced from 4cc to 2cc. I have to pay for these myself and am not sure they are helping. Would be curious to know what they did for you.
    Thanks!
  2. JulieO

JulieO New Member

Hi there!
    I just happened to be browsing through & saw my name! I don't check the board every day so sorry for the delay in response.

I've only been able to get one injection (about a month ago) & I also herxed. I had a terrible headache, felt feverish, etc for several days. My plan to get the injections weekly has been put on hold for financial reasons. But I plan to resume (or actually begin) getting them weekly next week. (Assuming I receive the insurance check that is supposed to be en route to me!)

So, the one shot didn't help me as far as I can tell. I discussed it with my doctor this week and he said that (like everything), everyone reacts differently. It may take several injections before it helps. Or rather "if" it helps, I suppose. Like you, I'm curious as to if others have seen improvement after having the injections. I realize that in theory they should make a difference, but like everything else there's no sure thing.

So, I will keep you posted on here & I hope you do the same! My doctor does have patients who have benefitted from having the injections regularly (& I do trust his judgement). I just hope that I'm one of them!

~Julie
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Let me know how you do OK?
    I did some more research on the web and I am going to continue with mine. I didn't herx on the third shot so that was good. I hope they help both of us!![This Message was Edited on 07/21/2006]
  4. JulieO

JulieO New Member

...I hope they help both of us as well! Please do keep me posted as to your progress & also if you happen to find any good articles on the subject. I'll do the same!

I just skimmed a couple of your posts & notice that you're also going to an FFC. I've been going to the one in Dallas for about a year & a half. I was actually at the point where I was feeling *much* better. However, I went back to work part time (building back up to full time on a gradual basis) & I've had some minor setbacks. There are several factors involved, but I'm thinking that just being exposed to a lot of people (large ofc) isn't helping. I seem to catch every little bug that goes around & have trouble shaking it.

So, talk to you later I hope!
    Take care,
    Julie