Junk Food You Eat Reveals Your Personality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JLH, Jun 20, 2007.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

If I eat pretzels, does that really mean I'm a flirt? Dr. Alan Hirsch from the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago says so. He conducts research into a branch of psychology called "hedonics," which deals with pleasant and unpleasant feelings.

Hirsch conducted an eight-year study with 800 volunteers and claims the results show that people's snack food preferences reveal their personality type, reports the CBS News "Early Show." (Yes, you may laugh, but Hirsch is serious about this.)

He says the link between food preferences and personality is much like a Rorschach ink blot test long used by psychologists for insight into personality.

This is the true meaning of all that junk food you eat:

- Pretzels mean you're a flirt and you're very lively and energetic.

- Cheese curls mean you have great integrity and maintain a high moral ground.

- Potato chips mean you are aggressive, a real go-getter who will not take no for an answer.

- Tortilla chips mean you're a perfectionist. An "A" is not good enough for you. It has to be an "A+."

- Beef jerky means you're the life of the party. You're outgoing and gregarious.

How do you rate?

2. sisland

sisland New Member

It's Beef Jerky for me!,,,,,,lol
  3. laceymae

laceymae New Member

cheese curls here...lacey
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I eat nuts. Nuf said!

Smile on purpose!
  5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

How come chocolate is not on the list???

Oh!!! right! It's not junk food!! :0)
  6. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

I too want chocolate for a good snack food cause it's made from beans which a vegtable and anyone knows we need lots of vegtables to be healthy. Don't need any of those salthy snacks here.

7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i don't typically eat much of any of this stuff..anymore. beef jerky is great low fat and protein...tortialla chips go great w/gaucamole...

JEANSKI New Member

I like them all too, what does that say about me LOL

But if I had to pick my MOST ate snacks, it would be pretzels and tortilla chips.....accurate.
  9. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Isn't this where someone says, "I am what I eat: Fast, Cheap and Easy"?

[This Message was Edited on 06/28/2007]
  10. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

it so made me giggle, its what we need more of, giggles that is

I too am a choccyholic

angel hugs and peace to you all