Jury Duty

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vp, Dec 5, 2005.

1. vp

vp New Member

Just need to vent a little.

Freaked out about jury duty tomorrow. I'm on call all week. Call in after 4 P.M the day before to see about the next day. I didn't really think I'd have to go. In any other situation I would appreciate the experience, and thought I would be able to handle it. Right now it is 11:30 PM and I have to be there at 8AM.

I hurt so bad from the trigger point testing today.

I don't have any Ambien left, which means no sleep, which means more pain.

Finals are a week from today, and I can't afford to miss class. I've paid too much for school to miss class, especially in Calculus II. I'm really struggling this semester.

Anxiety is getting the best of me. I can't stop the mind from running full speed in the "What if" mode. Any of you who have anxiety disorder will know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for letting me ramble on. It helps to know other people understand or at least listen.

Valerie

2. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

can you see the clerk of courts tomorrow and tell him you have an illness which causes you to forget things I would have gone to my dr earlier and got a certificate to excuse me
    Linda
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i'm about 99.9% sure you could have easily gotten out of jury duty...all you need to do was call the court house and tell them you are physically/and or mentally not able to do it....and then they would have mailed you a form to have your doctor fill it out to dismiss you from it due to your illiness...

but since you didn't do it i would certainly tell the court your situation and your about to have a mental breakdown.... do you have a medicare card? maybe you can show them that.

good luck at getting dismissed...i have heard of other ways of getting dismissed intentionally///use your imaginatio....i would stick to the mental and physical conditions and tell them you can not make a sound decision based on that...

i would think the judge would understand you are going to college as well...but you should have supporting documentation of school...

i hope it all works out for you

jodie
  4. vp

vp New Member

For taking the time to respond.

I should have done that, but I suffer from 2 secondary diseases-----procrastination and denial.

I never used to be like this. I'm such a mess emotionally. I used to be responsible and dependable, now I'm not either.

The worst part is that I know it, and still havn't been able to fix it. Putting things off that need to be done only makes life harder, and ignoring them doesn't make them go away.

Hopefully, I'll feel up to dealing with this tomorrow.