Jury Duty

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Seagull, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Seagull

Seagull New Member

Well, it's that time again -- a jury summons in the mail, my second one, with an appearance date of 12/2/02. My first one came about 2 years ago and I thought I would be removed from the pool because of the 2 doctors' letters I sent in. Those letters did get me excused from that appearance, but apparently not removed from the pool list.

Thank heavens, my new PCP and chiro have both given me detailed letters for this time, and their letters are even more outspoken on the request to remove me from all future jury pool lists, saying that my conditions are permanently disabling and incurable and that the conditions would make it impossible for me to serve on any jury ever!

Hopefully, this time, the court will listen and comply, thus saving me the time, stress, and aggravation of having to go to the doctors for these letters in the future!

Has anyone here ever been unfortunate enough to have been stuck with serving on one? Did you end up in major flare and/or therapy because of it?
  2. Seagull

Seagull New Member

Well, it's that time again -- a jury summons in the mail, my second one, with an appearance date of 12/2/02. My first one came about 2 years ago and I thought I would be removed from the pool because of the 2 doctors' letters I sent in. Those letters did get me excused from that appearance, but apparently not removed from the pool list.

Thank heavens, my new PCP and chiro have both given me detailed letters for this time, and their letters are even more outspoken on the request to remove me from all future jury pool lists, saying that my conditions are permanently disabling and incurable and that the conditions would make it impossible for me to serve on any jury ever!

Hopefully, this time, the court will listen and comply, thus saving me the time, stress, and aggravation of having to go to the doctors for these letters in the future!

Has anyone here ever been unfortunate enough to have been stuck with serving on one? Did you end up in major flare and/or therapy because of it?
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

Up until now I have never been called for jury duty. Last winter my 91 year old mother was and she easily got out of it. I figure with my luck my name will come up, now that I can't remember much of anything, can't sit on a hard chair like in the court room, need to lie down and rest after I've been up about 4 hours, need to drink a lot of water, and consequently use the bathroom frequently.

My doc has done a good job of writing explanations of why I can't work for SSDI and my disability retirement application. I figure if I need it, he can write this for me too.

Barbara
  4. glendamarie22

glendamarie22 New Member

but I sent in the decline form and gave sickness as my excuse. Worked out fine, I never heard anyhting else from them. Funny thing was, I had always actually WANTED to go for jury duty......I was just afraid I would be sick on the appointed day.

~Glenda