just a couple of things!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joysarah, Jan 11, 2006.

1. joysarah

joysarah New Member

I think I have hit the jackpot with a pain dr. This man is really good. I saw him for the first time 2 days ago. he really examined me and talked to me. He wants records for other Dr's. He just doesn't give me pain pills and send me home. I will see him next week for an injection. He left me on the fentanyl patch and told me I could use the 50mcg patch every 48 hrs instead of every 72 hrs. I asked my other pain dr and he said no way. I am really glad to find him.
    I have a quick ?. does anyone know of or who has some sort of exercise program for people like us. I really want to do something and I can't exercise like I used to. any info would be great. I miss that part of feeling better more than I can say.
    Take care to all Joy sarah
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

In my area the Arthritis Society sponsors exercise classes for people with fibromyalgia. Also, some of the community centres offer water aerobics for people with physical disablilties. You may want to check these resources in your own community.

I'm so glad you found a good doctor - they seem few and far between.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
    [This Message was Edited on 01/12/2006]
  3. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Joy,
    if you could exercise in water, it's very low impact, and probablt the best for anyone with our problems.

K.