Just a little fun.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HeavenlyRN, Mar 18, 2010.

1. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

I had to go into work last week and clean out my desk because I've been out so long they have to post my position. Not fun.

BUT.....I found some jokes n' stuff that people have e-mailed me. Thought I'd post some every once in a while.

I thought this would be a fun one to start with:

Dear Tide:
    I am writing to say what an excellent product you have. I've used it all my married life, as my mom always told me it was the best. Now that I am in my fifties I find it even better! In fact, about a month ago I spilled some red wine on my new white blouse. My inconsiderate and uncaring husband started to belittle me about how clumsy I was and generally started becoming a pain in the neck. One thing led to another and somehow I ended up with his blood on my new white blouse! I grabbed my bottle of Tide with Bleach Alternative. To my surprise and satisfaction, all of the stains came out!! In fact, the stains came out so well the detectives who came by yesterday told me that the DNA tests on my blouse were negative and then my attorney called and said that I was no longer considered a suspect in the disappearance of my husband.

What a relief! Going through menopause is bad enough without being a murder suspect! I thank you one again for having a great product!

Well, gotta go.....have to write to the Hefty bag people!
  2. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Too Funny :)
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

when jokes and what not used to circulate in offices on hard copies. Seems
    strange to me that a flimsy piece of paper is a "Hard" copy. It was in the

Like so much of modern life, the timing is due to science and technology. In the
    60s, copy machines were in their infancy. Guy in the office next to ours had
    a machine that made wet copies. He hung them on a clothesline.

So no copies to send your friends. But in the 80s the personal computer changed
    that and a great deal more. Now you could effortlessly send copies of whatever
    to whomever. And so people did.

I feel it is my duty to give people a little perspective on these matters. To
    wit, I am so old that detergents and plastic bags didn't exist when I was a kid.
    Tide was the first detergent. "Tide's in; dirt's out!"

4. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Back in 1977 after I graduated from college, I had a job at a Senior Citizen center as a recreation therapist. As you can probably imagine, out budget was minimal. We used a MIMEOGRAPH machine! We had to hand-write or type what we wanted it to say. Oh man what a mess that made if you mis-typed something. There was no "backspace," "delete" or "white out." I wasn't the best typist and the things I typed were not the nicest looking things!

And, boy oh boy was it messy making copies! We had to put the "original" on a big canister, then use the handle to spin the canister, making ONE COPY AT A TIME!! I used to get the blue ink all over myself.

Oh my, how things have changed!!