Just a quick note to all and need help finding a gown

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Apr 16, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

The hospice house says me being on line blocks the phones so I have to limit my on line time. I have copied the posts and will reply later today.

I spent most my day yesterday taking care of her funeral and trying to find her a beautiful powder blue robe and gown and can not find it.

I have called EVERY store in my town, went on line late last night and went to Macy's, Sacks, google, ebay and nothing.

If anyone has any other ideas or boutiques in your town please let me know, then I can have it shipped overnite.

I do still have a few days. Thank all of you and will be back later-Carla
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Maybe a seamstress? Could run you one up in a day or so? Grab the fabric yourself, that way it will be the way you want it. My sister was a seamstress and did this now and then. It may actually be the fastest way to go.

Keeping you in our prayers here. Love Annie
  3. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Carla, I did a little searching for you, and quickly found that "pretty" robes are hard to come by. If you were looking for snuggly, warm or absorbent, it would be easy.

This site has a few blue robes. The Blue Danube is very pretty. You can get express or overnight shipping if needed.

Here's a pretty one in periwinkle blue. If you click on the sellers name, "shadowline", they have a matching gown.

(Sorry, I know these big links will make the page go extra wide. But I wanted to make it quick and easy for you to look at them.)

Carla you are in a tough position having to make all the arrangements, yet staying by your mothers side. You are a good daughter. Are there any other family members who could help you?

I will keep thinking, and try to come up with some more ideas of where to find a pretty robe and gown set for a mature woman. I will keep you both in my prayers.
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm glad you're keeping busy and hope you find the robe you want soon.

Everything sounds so cliched, 'glad you're keeping busy', silly thing to say but I really am thinking about you and your Mum.

Take care of yourself Carla

[This Message was Edited on 04/16/2008]
  5. Doober

Doober New Member

there any cosignment(Hope I spelled this right) shops in your area?

Or anyone else's area that could be checked? Hopefully check them out before the teen's go out to check them for prom dresses??

Not sure how helpful this is, but I figured I would try.
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I really don't have anything or any information to help you but jsut wanted to say that I am still thinking of you and your MOM. Mope this is over for you and her soon, if she is not to get any better. God bless you both !!

More hugs,

7. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Don't know if you would be up to it, but there is a little dress shop in Grayson that has beautiful clothes...

Wilma's Dress shop is the name, it's been in business for years.

I'm praying for you
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

I wrote a post and lost it and mom has had changes and the Dr just left and maybe in the next 12-24 hours, so my time is running out.

Thank all of you for your suggestions and I did look and still no luck.

Lacey on of the people that work here lives in Grayson and is going to look for me one there tomorrow. They are so wonderful here. I did email you, at least I think it was you.

I'm going to go before I loses this too. I will be in touch, god bless you all-Carla
  9. mezombie

mezombie Member

that you are there with her in her final hours.

And we are there with you, in spirit.

Gentle hug,

10. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

The funeral home may be able to advise you where to purchase the gown.

Thinking of you and your Mom.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/16/2008]
  11. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Carla--please know that you are in my prayers again tonight.

You are a good daughter, and your mother knows. Take comfort in that fact and may God be with you.

12. Springfling

Springfling New Member

Just wanted to say what a wonderful daughter you are and I hope you are able to find the gown/robe that you want. Wish I could help you.

I went through what you are with my father 7 years ago. It was really hard and stressful, but there was nowhere else I'd rather have been, but by his side. I know you feel the same way.

Take care & I will keep you and your mom in my prayers. God bless.
  13. sues1

sues1 New Member

Many carry lovely things of apparel.

My heart is with you and your mother. I know that all of us is with you in the only way that we can be. It is a large crowd sending you hugs, love, prayers and many blessings.

Try and take care of yourself also through all of this. Anyone that offers help......please let them.