Just a quick update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pam_d, Aug 21, 2010.

1. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Just for the old-timers here who might remember me....

I underwent an unrelated donor bone marrow transplant in the summer of 2008 for relapsed acute leukemia (which first hit me in 2006), and posted about it at that time. I had been a member here for years with FM symptoms. Leukemia kind of eclipsed any FM stuff for me, as I had a bigger demon to fight. But I had my two-year anniversary July 12th, and all is well on that front---life is totally normal for me, and has been for months. I work (overtime, even), play and live life as normal. I still have some extremity tingling---which may be that old FM rearing its head, or the severity of the chemo (which for a BM transplant is about as strong as you can get) but entirely tolerable in the face of getting to live longer. No complaints from me!

I recognize quite a few names still, and hope nothing but better health for all, and more advances in FM/CFS treatment and care to come---soon.

I just thought I'd check in so those who remember me would know I'm alive and kicking so far!

Take care,
  2. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi, yes I remeber your post and prayed for you! So glad to hear you are doing so well and good to see you here also. Missed reading your post, I do read alot of them here but don't really reply to alot unless Im having a good day which seem to be few and far between. God Bless YOU AND MAY YOUR HEALTH CONTINUE TO IMPROVE.
  3. hi pam_d,

i also remember you,and its fantastic to hear from you again.im so happy that you are having a better quality of life,even though you still have health conditions.

take care sweetheart,and keep your chin up brave lass.

love fran.
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

For the good wishes, and I am hoping for better, healthier days ahead for everyone.

5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Good to hear from you. I often wonder how you are doing. Looks like you have come back at an interesting time.

You have been through a lot so good to hear how well you are doing now!!

Take care.

LEFTYGG Member

im so happy for you!!!!! i remember all you went thru. what great news. you fought the fight and won!!! love gail