Just a reminder/suggestion when you are posting...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

When you are making a long post please use separate into several sections.

Many of us have a hard time reading something that is all jammed up into one long group.

***Edited*** I know most of us do this already, but some people don't know to do this.***[This Message was Edited on 03/20/2010]
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I second the motion!!!

Please make short paragraphs .... put lines in between long paragraphs .... with my eyes and foggy head, I can't read long paragraphs either. Sometimes, I just have to skip that post when I can't read it!
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Unfortunately ProHealth doesn't cut up long posts into short paragraphs, it is something we have to do when we write. It really isn't hard to hit the 'enter' key 2X every few sentences to make a paragraph with a white space in between.

I also rarely read anything that is more than 5-6 lines per paragraph ... it starts to look like one long run-on sentences after that point.

4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Many people just don't realize it.

I also have a really hard time reading posts in all caps.
    It could be my eyes. =)
  5. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I just do not read them.

I know sometimes posters feel they are doing us a favor by copying and pasting volumes and volumes of a particular article, but I would rather they summarized it and perhaps directed the reader to a link for the full article. I think it's really the way the print appears in this format, if it's way too long it's just too overwhelming to read. Just a thought.

6. victoria

victoria New Member

to remind everyone... to break up the 'density' of the posts.

Even the research articles could be broken up into a few lines each. More than 5 can be too much...

7. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Try to put things in plain English - I get confused very easily now too!
  8. blueeyedgrl73

blueeyedgrl73 New Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates the long posts and how people will copy and paste whole articles here. I don't read them either. Who has time? Who can remember what was said at the beginning of the article by the time you get to the end?

They really should summarize their opinion and post the link....that would be great!