Just added a new pic in my profilefrom Alaska

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PepperGirl52, Sep 9, 2006.

1. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Had a great time, in spite of the long air ride! Towards the last leg of the trip there, I was in tears with pain.

Thank God for a kind flight attendant, who gave me an ice pack for my upper back! I had taken my limit in meds, and I didn't want to be over-dosed when I saw my kids!

It was so nice to be with my daughter and grand kids again. The weather was actually nice-in the high 50's. Even though I'm used to mid-100's this time of the year, it really didn't bother me. I actually enjoyed the nice, cool breezes, and the ocean air!

Thank you to all who prayed. The flight home was an all-nighter, so I took my night meds and slept the whole way! We had a change over in Salt Lake, and had to run about 2 miles (literally!!) to get to the next terminal, but I did fine. God is good!!

You all take care, and again, THANK YOU for remembering this grandma in your prayers!! PG
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

What a nice picture .I love those flowers Great color.

If you ask they will get you a wheel chair and take you to the next flight.

What a nice trip to see the grandchildren . I'm glad you were able to take it.

Have a good day.
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

A beautiful picture of you! Love the flowers! So Hard on us to Travel!! Glad you got to see your kids and grand babies! somehow it's all worth the trip to see the kids!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,Sydney
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

That is not a familiar sight to me, although the flowers look very "Alaska". I lived in Fairbanks for a long time and they had a rainy summer too. I'm so glad you got to go and that you got through the long flights! Next time, order a wheelchair to meet you in the airports. They usually are pretty good at providing this service (a small tip is expected). Welcome home!
    Terri
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

6. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Yes, I was in Anchorage. My SIL is stationed there. Aren't those flowers beautiful?? So glad I got to see the greenery before fall and winter hit!

I DID request a wheelchair. On the way there, Frontier Air was GREAT about delivering-they got me everywhere on time, with no problems! It was Delta Air who fell through-no wheelchair, no explanations, and no one to even talk to!

And believe me, when you have 10 minutes to make it across the airport, you don't have time to try to find the 'gripe booth'!! HA.

Thanks for checking out my picture! HUGS!! PG
    [This Message was Edited on 09/10/2006]