Just an odd question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Aug 5, 2005.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

from odd me. :)

When you guys are in a flare up of FM ,....

Do you ever feel (with your hands/fingers) your spine and its very sore or tender in spots?

Its also alwasy sore all along the sides of my spine,..the muscles.But lately I noticed my spine in certain areas accually hurts too
    ??
    Anyone else?
    feels almost like your touching a bruised bone.

Tandy
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My spine hurts when I touch it...it hurts the worst down in my lower back, but it hurts all the way up some. Strange, isn't it? But, mine hasn't changed. Whether I'm in a flare or not, my spine hurts and I think it's mostly arthritis. I hope this isn't what you're getting into.

You're right...like a bruised bone. OW.

Sue
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

My upper back and shoulder blades stay sore to the touch even when I am not flaring or in any serious pain.

There are also the trigger points that will hurt if touched. They stay sore.

Welcome to the world of FM!!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Jessa34

Jessa34 New Member

I get the same thing - very tender in some spots along my spine. It doesn't happen all the time and I haven't figured out a pattern to it yet but it does feel like I should have a bunch of bruises on me. It's good that there's something else to try and explain to people when yo're not feeling good that they won't understand - ha ha ha.

Jess
  5. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

but I found out that I have a torn disk!! You might want to have your back checked throughly via MRI. It is amazing what can happen with your back, with the slightest out of alignment.
  6. Christinetee

Christinetee New Member

I'm not the only one who has spine tender spots. I wasn't sure if it was Fibro related or not.

Lynda
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I've had bad attacked all over my back for years, w/ inflammation, esp. my tailbone, but these have been one of my acute flairs.

Just lately though, since we've been staying in the Aunt's musty basement (that could be a clue) I've been noticing a bruised bone feeling on that bumpy bone where the spine meets the base of the neckbone. This has been happening w/ the more common excruciating back flairs. Pillows really hurt when I'm like this, and lying on collars.

Think it's time for some more xrays and/or MRI. Haven't had them in several years. back then I was structurally sound, but seeing some people report that suddenly, like in just a year they have all this spinal degeneration is making me wonder about it.

Jeanne
  8. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I have that Tenderness, all the time, along my Spine.
    I have Spinal Stenosis, and DDD, along with the CMPD, so I would be hard pressed to figure out which one, is really causing all the Pain there.
    FMS, makes it all hurt more.
    hate these dd's.
  9. not odd at all, I get those sore spots all the time, I even can feel little bumps around them.????? I wish I knew what they were, a build up of something or other that is probably causing our pain.?
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

with this!
    Glad to know its 'just another symptom of FM'
    Ya never know.
    I've only noticed it recently.
    Just happened to stumble upon it.
    Mine is both upper and lower back. more the upper half.
    (but not all the time) Thank God!!
    or shall I say,..yet?

I feel better not being alone~
    :)
    Thanks
    Tandy