Just an Update/Transplant

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pam_d, Nov 22, 2008.

1. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Wow, a whole new look for the board! Haven't been here in ages, and it's all different. Don't want to clog up the web-waves, but just wanted to update some of my old friends here. I had a bone marrow transplant July 12 due to a relapse of Leukemia; just wanted to say I'm doing fantastic, no complications. I'm getting stronger every day, and in fact job-hunting (what a bad economy to job-hunt in!) with an eye to working in January (I hope!)----I need the $$ and health insurance, plus I really can't wait to be in the working world again and have a normal schedule. The transplant went as well as one can; I now have a new blood type (as my donor had a different type) and male DNA----wild, huh?? I am very grateful this Thanksgiving for such a generous donor, my supportive family and friends. Hope all my cyber-friends here are doing well, too, or at least better than the last time I checked in. That's my holiday wish for you, relaxing and pain-free days!

Hugs, Pam
  2. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Glad to see you are well and looking forward to returning to work. I am so happy that your transplant was successful with no complications.

Wishing you all the best and a wonderful Thanksgiving.

[This Message was Edited on 11/22/2008]
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Absolutely fabulous!!! I can't believe you are actually looking for a job but that is wonderful.

Thanks for the update.

Take care.

4. jmq

jmq New Member

Oh My God....you are here....you are well. I can not tell you how worried I have been. I kept checking and every day that went by...I would get so sad. My prayers have been answered...You are so strong and so deserve to beat this. Male DNA....wow, that is very cool.

Everyone is going to be soooo excited to see this post. WELCOME back my dear friend.
  5. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I have been thinking about you all day, Pam! Every time I logged on here today you went through my mind but I was not thinking happy thoughts.

Now, WOW! Amazing! So amazing! Wow. Well, I'm articulate, aren't I. LOL!

Yay! That's all I can say.

I'm gonna go dance now,
  6. Elisa

Elisa Member

Thanks so much for the update - what a blessing for you and us!!!!

I am so grateful you are doing well and so happy for you. Amazing! Wonderful! Thank Goodness!

God Bless,

7. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

So wonderful to read such a positive update!! What a wonderful Thanksgiving for you!!!!

We all have things to be grateful and thankful for. To know where you've been and what you've been through, should make all of us grateful.

Thank you for taking the time to update us and share with us your wonderful news!!!!

Yeah - that is pretty wild about the male DNA!
    Have a wonderful holiday - (I know you will!)

8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Thanks for the wonderful update, it's such happy news.

9. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

for friends of Pam who have not yet seen this
  10. findmind

findmind New Member

Pam, this is what we can all give thanks for...that you have survived so well and now are on the road to complete healing! Such a courageous woman...er, guy? you have been.

Many blessings to you and your family on this and every day...and especially in getting a job!

Tell us all what kind of job you want, what city, and maybe the "network" here can tell you of openings at their place(s) of work, or at friend's. No one will know if it's you if you get the job...unless you tell them you are now man/woman, FOFLOL!

Are you going to be the next man/woman who has a child?

Blessings, o brave one...

LEFTYGG Member

i think of you allthe time im so happy for you you have been so strong you desreve the best job out there. love gail
  12. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I appreciate all the warm, encouraging thoughts and concerns from everyone, and I'm sorry I didn't post sooner. Right after the transplant, I was pretty up and down (a lot of no appetite, vomiting, etc. but was able to avoid many pitfalls that some transplant patients go through). I spent about a month in the hospital. Each day I feel stronger and like I have more stamina, but it's taken a while to get there. A lot harder than after Leukemia the first time, 2 1/2 years ago, when I was treated with chemo only. A transplant, I found out, is much tougher on the body, no matter how well it goes. But I'm getting there!! There's no guarantee my Leukemia won't come back, a 40% chance of making it to 5 years cancer-free----but somebody's got to be in that 40%, why not me??? Think positive!

Thanks again for the kind words and thoughts! I've missed this group!

Hugs, Pam
  13. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Wonderful News Pam, I am so Happy for you. Good luck on getting a job, if anyone deserves it you do.

You have truly a wonderful attitude and that will definetly get you far.

Take care,

14. boltchick

boltchick New Member

I am so happy for you! And wow, you are well enough to even go back to work! Your story is amazing and I pray that you stay healthy and get to stay in that 40%!!! I love your positive attitude, I am sure it has helped you tremendously. Awesome!! Hugs, Kim