Just an update...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Suzan, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Suzan

Suzan New Member

FM aside..I actually had a 'normal' weekend!

On Saturday morning I helped my son and his girlfriend remove a bar from the basement.Then we went to Lowes..and bought wood for shelving..and a new toilet..and some carpet for the basement. My son started building the shelving in the after noon, and finished up most of the rest on Sunday.
    Saturday night they made dinner for us all, and it was YUMMY!

On Sunday, we put in the toilet. Then went back out to JCPenney Furniture clearance store. I bought myself a new chair. It is a sage green chenille wing back recliner..It is really a lovely chair..and so comfy. Makes the FM hurt just a bit less! Then we watched the Packer game, and they WON! They are 3 and O so far..and we were all whooping it up at the end of the game.

Sunday night, I made home made pizza for us all..and it was the best I ever made..or maybe it just was the lovely weekend I was having.

I did crash with FM pain on both nights...but first I got to enjoy the day..so I almost didn't mind the pain I was in.Even though I hurt badly...and I was SO exhausted both evenings...I had FUN..it wasn't ALL overshadowed by what is going on with my soon to be ex...
    I actually enjoyed the day! and man it felt terrific!

Of course today...I am struggling a bit, but still it was worth it!

I did find out that the sheriff keeps trying to serve him the papers during the day..DUH...he is at work! So now they will try at night...So all heck will probably start soon!

Keep me in your thoughts this week!
    Hugs to you all,

2. victoria

victoria New Member

So glad to hear things are going well so far!

I think since you have the help & emotional support of your family, hopefully he will not act up as much as he might like to otherwise.

I've been following your story and cheering you on... glad you got to post; &, hooray for you!

All the best,

3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you will get thru this far better than you exhb to be will...

women usually take time to heal emotionally and take care of themselves better than men do...

4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

As always, it's wonderful to hear your updates and great to know you had a good weekend.

You remind me of me, many years ago....

Nancy B
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Was wondering how you were doing. Glad you are having so much fun with the family. Yes, simple things can be the most fun and important!!!

I forget how long it has been since you moved and H took the car(truck) , I forgot. Isn't he suposed to bring it back to you soon, or has that time past? Continued Good Luck with all that mess with your H. You sound like you a are doing very well alal things considered. Hope it isn't to bad (for you) when he gets served with the papers.

God bless you Suzan !!

Lots of big hugs,

6. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I arrived here on the 8th..so it hasn't been very long yet. Dh came the following weekend and took the car..and left me a truck that had non working fan..and a hanging by a thread exhaust pipe.

Funny that you ask about it...we exchanged several emails today about that very thing. Basically he ended up saying..fix the truck and then I will bring the car back.

Atty says 'tell him to *&%$ himself...and only fix it if you need to fix it so you can drive it, and put it on his credit card. So...I am not sure if I will fix it so that I can get the car back..or just tell him to jump in a lake.

All I know is...'he' is acting like a child..trying to control something he cannot...and telling his sick almost ex wife to fix a problem because he 'can't' deal with it.

He gives me more and more reasons to be satified with my choice to be here..instead of there!

I am doing ok...he threw me for a bit today...but I am back standing tall!

7. Granniluvsu

It seems to me, since he said he would bring it back in 2 weeks and it is now 3 that he is just stalling. In other words, don't hold your breathe waiting to get it back. Hope you can get to the store and back when you need to get out, or DRs. etc. Hope at least it will hold up for you for the essentials you need to do. Yes, follow the directions of the lawyer. He/she seems to know what he is talking about.

Glad things are going OK so far. You will be in mythoughts this week. It could be a hectic one for you. Hope thee aren't to many fireworks.

8. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Well...emails have gone back and forth this week..
    I am keeping emotion out of it..and standing my ground...
    "give me back the car..keep your word'

Of course he is flying back with ..'get the truck fixed, I have no way of dealing witht that'..(in MY head I think...if we were all the way divorced..you would HAVE to deal with this on your own..")

My last email said "send me the title ..I will take care of it once again"
    I just took the control back!I didn't say I would sell it..I didn't say I would fix it...BUT now he has to be thinking.."what the heck is she going to do!!!???!!!"
    So..I feel better..for now.

I had felt like I lost the battle..and control of part of my life,for the last 2 weeks since he bullied the boys into letting him leave with the car..leaving me with a truck that needed repairs.

Now I figure he has to be thinking..."Is she going to buy a car???" I COULD do that..I can pay for a car with a credit card...and the truck is in my name...So..I just gave his brain a new path..and I am finding it fairly entertaining this afternoon.

And still, I know I did nothing malicious...
    I am still standing..and I am still walking thru this with my head held high.
    Not bad for a Friday afternoon. :)

9. Granniluvsu

Glad that you are hanging in there. Keep him guessing if he is going to be such a jerk. Sounds like you are doing pretty well, all things considered.

Keep us up to date.

Lots of hugs,