Just Applied For SSDI Via Phone-Worried About Something

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KittyCat, Nov 9, 2005.

1. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

Hello Everyone,

I last worked at my job almost a year ago. I had to resign (as I told my interviewer) due to my health conditions. I did earn some money doing some referral work for real estate investors from May through July. All I did was send some emails and do some online advertising...all from home. Do you all think this will mess up my chances of being approved? He said it shouldn't, as long as I fill out the explanation form he will be sending me. I am concerned that I will be denied because I did a little work from home for a few months; however, I am glad I was honest. I wonder if I should hire an attorney now, or wait until I am denied. I only did that referral work because we were struggling so much financially (and still are). Just wanted you all to tell me if you think I already blew it, or if I still have a fighting chance to be approved. I'm sooo worried....

Thanks!
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

As long as your doctors support you.And you no longer work from home.

I think its always best to be honest .I got a bench approval from the judge in Sept.

Good Luck to you.If you do get denied do not give up.Its your money you put it in and you are sick and need it.Get the lawyer after you get denied.

GOOD LUCK

Sue
  3. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

Thank you Gigi and others. I am stressing something awful. I shouldn't feel bad for being honest. I appreciate your response. From what you said, I think I just might have a chance. Ya never know...I plan to contact Allsup and see about getting an attorney now. Other than that, there's not much else I can do but keep praying....

Hugs,

KittyCat
  4. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

And no, I'm no longer doing any work from home. My health (especially emotionally) has gone downhill since then, so I'm not able to do much of anything.

Thanks again for your positive words and encouragement.
  5. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Does anyone know if you can work part-time if you are on SSDI? If not, what do we do when we've run out of money on all other arenas.

Thanks
    Tigger
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

wait for a response, contact an attorney's office and ask them if you need one now or when you go to the next stage if denied...

look up on disabilitysecrets.com

lots of good infor.

and look up post about those applying for social security under bluerose.

and yes you can still work but if you make over $830 a month it is consdered gainful income....

jodie
  7. Greeneyes2

Greeneyes2 New Member

I don't know for sure the answer to your question, as I am still in the first stage of the process of getting SSD.

However, when I applied they told me that I could earn up to 800 dollars a month, and not lose benefits.

I don't know if I will ever be able to do that, but I would think that if you are considering filing for SSD, going to the local office and asking some questions, or going to the SS site online may answer some of your questions.

P.S. I just read your post about your car accident, take care of yourself and trust that there is a plan for you.

As one of my friends says, "You don't get to deal the cards, you just have to play the hand your dealt."

Gentle hugs,
    Denise