just applied for SSDI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acheallover, Feb 8, 2007.

1. acheallover

acheallover New Member

Hello, I am wondering about the "person" designated on the application for SSDI. I put my daughter. She received a letter today regarding my questions about my disability. Does anyone have any information, insight, as to how to approach this inquiry. Thanks for your help and congratulations to all that have succeeded!!!!
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

(but not your doc). I put my Mom and they called her and asked questions.

I hope you get it on your own but if not my lawyer got it for me.
  4. acheallover

acheallover New Member

thanks for your reply, do you have any idea what and how she answered the questions, ?? thanks, I appreciate whatever you can tell me.
  5. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

There was lots of room on the sheet and he wrote the most poetic beautiful but sad,cause Im so sick, letter anyone could have ever written. I cried when I read it because he talked about things like how much I miss working and that Im a people person and how hard it is for me to be alone all of the time. He wrote a whole page about the difference in how I used to be and now.

Noone ever called him or anything. I guess the answer was what they wanted. He talked about how I cant stand up long enough to cook dinner anymore unless I can sit down. He mentioned that I cant go on long car trips and it takes me 2 hrs to get through the grocery store.

I didnt know what he was going to write until he was finished. I cried like a baby. That was when I knew I had someone on my side that understands completely what I go through every day.

It took me 2 1/2 yrs to get my SSD but I received it in Nov of 2006. I cried then too!!

Best of luck. It is a journey you are starting.

Suzette