Just back from Doc with new meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Zonnie67, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Zonnie67

Zonnie67 New Member

Hey there all,
    Sorry I don't post much, but I limit my time on the computer because I get tired so quick.
    Yesterday I had a doc's appt. He took me off Lodine xl 500mg (twice a day). It was making my stomach burn. And now I take Vioxx 25mg. Can anyone on here tell him if they have any major problems? I still take the Elavil 25mg to help with sleep. I like those ones.
    My doc is funny though. Every time I go in (which is every 4-6 months to monitor me) he looks over my chart and says "we done all the test and you have seen the ortho doc and the PT, so I don't know what else to do, just keep taking the meds." Then I mentioned my elbow was hurting and he said "tennis elbow" and to wear a support for it. And if it keeps hurting he will give me a cortisteroid shot. Does that Doc visit sound familiar to anyone?
    I guess I do pretty good. I am very stiff in the AM, and very sore and tired in the late aftenoon. So I have a window of about 7 hours where I am feeling pretty good, except for the fact that my elbows are sore most of the time. Does anybody on here have sore hurting elbows? My other sore parts are: feet (if stand to long) lower back (if sit to long) shoulders (if carry to long). So another words I am a up/down non carrying fatigued stiff of a woman. LOL
    Nice chatting with who ever reads this. The therapy of just typing and know that others are out there helps
    Zondra
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Fibromyalgia doc told me that it was bursitis. Alot of people with fm get this. I have found that I kinda had to tell my doc who I needed to see such as I think I need to see a neuro cause this is happening and she'll agree. I've learned alot thru this site and many and sometimes I think I know more then my doc does. I tell her I think I need a echocardigram for this reason cause alot of fm people also has this problem and she'll order the test. Alot of doc are in the dark about fibromyalgia so I feel her ear with info and think "who should get paid for this visit me or you? but she is good and I do like my doc.
  3. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I'm not sure what it is that you have - FM or ??? Do you have inflammation? If not, the Vioxx is not doing anything for you. Sounds like you need to find a different doc who is willing to approach your needs with pain, etc. I tried the Elavil but woke up soooo groggy it would take me 2 hours to get going. Now I take Ambien - much better!

Try some light stretching, take a hot bath, and enjoy the 7 hours you have of feeling pretty good.

Lisa