Just back from the mental health therapist....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debra49659, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

My doctor told me that he highly recommending me going after I told him I was thinking of drinking to stop the pain, or start smoking wacky tobaccy!! I'm glad I went but this first appointment just drained me. We spend the better part of two hours talking about me and my past and current histories.

I hope I find some help because I am sooooo tired of dealing with this damn pain every day!

Grrrrrrr, I am just cranky and tired now, nap time!

Thanks for listening to my vent:)

2. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

Hello DEb ... , my prayers that you feel a little better, and for strength you need

hope your nap helps .. I know mine do most the time ( and thats 1-2 times a day )

This DD is hard I know, never ends , but we can not give up...

Be strong , Fight , one day at a time

soft Huggles
  3. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Wow Deb, I did the same today. Today was the initial meeting and we talked about my whole life story. I cried and cried and you are so right, it was draining.

I start group therapy tomorrow night (that was fast). It will be Mon, Wed and Fridays, 3 hour sessions. I am kind of excited, especially being able to talk to others that are in my position.

I went on my lunch (2 hour lunch, LOL) and had to come back to work all red eyed. I can't wait to get home and just chill out.

4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I really appreciate all the support....getting a chance to vent was so worthwhile:) I hate to complain too much to my family...they have to live with me:)

I do feel better today, but I'm still thinking a bottle of wine sounds like a good idea!!