Just bought a Journal, what does everyone put in theirs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by futurehope, Feb 2, 2006.

1. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I just bought a journal today. I plan on trying to write in it every day. Does everyone just write how they feel that day? I know that the Dr. would never want to read it, they barely have enough time to even listen to what you have to say. I do not have much faith in Dr.'s.
    Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I have journals from years back.

I just write to help myself... mainly. I just put down what I need to say. It really helps me.

These are private ...not for docs...but that would be good too. I need to do that actually. But, like you said...the docs wouldn't take time to read...but it would help you when you go see them!

I look back on my old journals....it really shows where I was... and if I am better or worse.

MamaR
  3. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

just this evening my mom was telling me that I ought to keep a journal of how many doctor visits I've had, how many different doctors, AND how much money I've spent trying to get help for this DD!! Ha! (She was teasing of course, she's my biggest supporter.) We were saying that most "normal" people would never believe it.

Good luck on starting a journal. So many people say that writing out their thoughts is very helpful. I think I'm just too "foggy" to do that!

But isn't that why we come here sometimes anyway.....?!? :)

Hugs to you!
    Kat

[This Message was Edited on 02/02/2006]
  4. grandmasheri

grandmasheri New Member

I try to write if something is stressing me out more than normal. I also track the weather. my doc DID read my journal. as a result, i got the narcotics i might not have gotten. when he saw how often i really was in agony, he was surprised. It also helped when i went before the judge for SSI. just don't write so much that they think you can work!!
    Sheri
  5. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I have two journals. One has what I eat, how I feel physically, stresses, pills I take, times I go to bed and get up and how I sleep. Helps me to track how I'm doing. I keep it very brief.

I also have one for my emotional needs. I doodle in it. I do figure drawings of women, kind of abstract, that express how I'm feeling at the moment, with words and symbolism and immagery that I don't understand. I just do it spontaneously, putting onto paper whatever comes up inside me without thinking it through.

The most important thing for a journal is to not censor yourself. Whatever comes up inside you, get it down onto that paper without a second thought, even if it's something dark or scary, or something that doesn't make sense or seems silly. You can read it later and puzzle it out if you want to, but getting it down is the main thing.

I also do poems in there, letters to God, random thoughts... The blank peice of paper can be for anything you want. Don't overthink, just let it come. And try the doodling if you can't get any words.
    ((happy writing!))
  6. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

was to start keeping a wellness journal and i finally started today! i felt a little cheesy but also elated as i pasted a multi-colored healing mandala on the first page along with a title i created in adobe (wellness journal 2006) and also a little chart of my supplements and meds for the week. i plan on slowly experimenting with different levels of both to see how i feel week to week. each day, i'll write down how i'm feeling and what i've eaten. if i encounter a poem or inspirational message somewhere, i'll write that down too. my intention is to make mine a positive, forward-directed documentation of my journey to wellness. of course negative feelings are tolerated if writing them down serves the goal of feeling better. even though i've balked on this for so long, i've always believed in the benefits of journaling. i just had to get over the temptation to censor myself. since i also write fiction, it's natural for me to edit as i go, but i think i've finally broken though and divided the two methods. one is strictly for me, the other is for an audience. simple as that.

eddie