just bought a juicer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Apr 27, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

hi. does anyone have some good receipes for fruit and veg juicing.just got one and want to try it out. a book came with it but really doesn't have many its just one from walmarts but if I like juicing then I"ll get a better one. I"ve spent so much money in the last few weeks on health related products.I'm trying to take it alittle easy.
    so Thanks Guys. Hugs sixtyslady
  2. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

Bumping for juicing receipes
    [This Message was Edited on 04/27/2006]
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

my favorite was carrot juice w/an apple in it. I had it every morning for breakfast. I tried to make V8, tasted really bad. I have a whole book on juice recipes called 'The juice book'. Has all kinds of juices, soups, sauces, etc. hmmm all the recent posts about juicing might make me break out my juicer. AMY
    Also, about the book, it has a list of healing powers of different juices. It's written by Joanna White. $8.00[This Message was Edited on 04/27/2006]
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I have "The Juice Lady's Guide to Juicing for Health by Cherie Calbom.

I am going to check out the recommendation also by the above poster.

Eddie posted a recipe under another thread about juicing that I had started (if you want to search by my name)

Right now, I am at the bottom of the learning curve.

What I am wondering is how many calories are we ingesting, at one time here, I need to restrict my calories but FEEL undernourished.

June
    [This Message was Edited on 04/28/2006]
  5. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

going to try and get the book will try jucing this weekend will let you know how it goe,s sixtyslady
  6. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Thank you, gee, I thought there was a lot of calories, well at least, in fruit juices. The veggies probably not as much. But what about the carrots? So many recepies call for carrots. I do have a citrus allergy/intolerance so that automatically eliminates a lot right there.

I am not diabetic but even though I teach four water classes a week, I still have to watch the calorie intake.

The juices are so good, and of course, right now it is so new so I am drinking a lot.

I am getting a little more organized in how I juice so it won't be SO time consumping,

Fondly, June
    [This Message was Edited on 04/30/2006]