Just bought some Magnesium, but I am Confused

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by futurehope, Feb 3, 2006.

1. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Hi everyone,

I went out today and purchased a bottle of Life Fitness Magnesium (250 mg). On the back of the bottle, it is Magnesium Oxide. This is the only form that I could find in town. There are also other ingredients in this: Celluiose (Plant Origin), Startch, Titanium Dioxide Color, Celliuose Coating, Vesgetable Megnesium Sterate.

Do all of these extra ingredients sound OK?

Also, I have heard conflicting stories, some have said this helps with sleep, some say it gives you more energy, and some say it gives them the runs (sorry).

I am more interested in the magnesium giving me ENERGY. I sleep enough already, and do not want the runs (sorry again). When would be the best time to take it and how many mg. should I take.

By the way, this is my very first step in helping myself feel better!!! Hope it helps!!! Thanks for your help.

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  2. laspis1

laspis1 New Member

I did not want anything with calcium because the last time I did, I had really high levels of calcium in blood and the Rheumy was concerned. So now I want to be careful, because I know I have not been taking a mega dose and somehow my body was not utilizing it properly.
    So I got the Magnesium Oxide, the only one they had in store without the other stuff. Not sure if that is the right type. So I am curious too. I already took four today because I was hoping it will calm this sensation of being wired and I do not know if it was magnesium, but I am not shaking. I was joking before that it must have been the bag of almonds I ate. I hope it helps you.
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I can't really help you, but I have a suggestion. ProHealth, who operates this message board, sells all of these supplements. Maybe you could go to their site and find out what type they sell. It is probably the type that everyone here takes.

I do have one warning on it though, if you happen to take the med Neurotin, do not take magnesium within a couple hours before and after you take it. It affects it somehow.

Also, you said this is your first step in helping yourself feel better ...... for your own health, you should see your primary care physician and make sure you clear these supplements and/or herbs that he has NOT prescribed for you before you begin taking them.

If you are on other meds, they may interact with them. It is just best to get an OK from a medical professional first.

Just thinking of your best interests,
    Janet