Just call me Nanna!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nah.stacey, Nov 29, 2009.

1. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

Wahoo for me.
    We just had our first grandchild delivered via c-section Sunday morning @ 6:16 am.

My daughter had an 8 lb. - 20" baby boy this morning at 6:16am. She labored all Saturday and all night HARD, her water finally broke @ 3:30 am Sunday morning and the little stinker went into distress. His heart rate was steady all night at 152 and as soon as her water broke he plummeted to 70..65..75 they rocked her from side to side with great trauma to her. She was kinda shocky by the time the doctor was called in at 5:00am. He decided the best to thing to do was to take the baby c-section since even though she was dialated to a "7" his head wasn't nearly close enough to the canal, and he was plummeting after every contraction, not during as would be somewhat normal but after. So that being said, the shot her off to surgery and the little or should I say BIG stinker came out bellowing.
    I am 4'11" and couldn't even deliver a 5 lb 10 oz baby normal ended up having five c-sections and my daughter is only a few inches taller and just as small and there is no way she could have delivered him normal.
    I am a 46 yr old "Nanna" I'm so very excited. I stayed all night with her till she came out of surgery, made sure she was fine, saw the baby, oogled and swooned then went home and crashed for the entire day. She has an incredible husband so my presence won't be missed much when I can't do as much as I wish I could DD DD DD. But count me happy and very thankful
    Anyway, mother and son are doing great and he is absolutely beautiful.

2. jole

jole Member

What great news! Sorry she had to have such a hard time, and know it must have had you soo stressed out, but oh, how worth it!! You will find your life changed forever, Stacey! Those grandchildren are the best thing in the world....I kid you not! The closeness you will share with this baby is unlike any other.

Again, congrats to mom/dad and you, and lots of happy years ahead!..............Jole
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Congratulations!,,,Sorry to hear of your daughters long Labor,,,,,The Beautiful Baby is her reward and yours too!,,,so glad she has a very supportive Husband,,,,,That means alot more when they are there and actually particapate!,,,,Rest Up and Enjoy being a Gramma!,,,,,,,Sisland
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

All's well that ends well.... sweet relief that Mom and baby are doing well! (AND Grandma... and everybody else.)

Having/raising kids... It's such a stressful yet joyful time... enjoy it at your leisure now that you're the Grandma!

all the best,

PS: as to C-sections, what would we do without them. I and a few of my friends wouldn't be here without them, and/or our kids.
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Congratulations to all concerned. Sorry she had to endure so much but glad that all went and turned out well in the end.

That is right that it is a wonderful and a stressful time. Yes, take it now and enjoy it. They grow up too fast. I have 8 grandchildren and all are boys but one, ages 5 to 19.

You should be very happy, excited and relieved that it is all over with, and that all is well.

Hugs and blessings,
  6. spacee

spacee Member

That is cute...just call me Nana! Love it!

I have three girls ranging from 6 months to 2.5 years. The mothers went through a lot. I thought in these days, things were better but I guess not always.

7. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

Victoria I agree with you on the C-sections. They were my demise, I had five in seven years, YES, I am an idiot, but every time we washed our clothes in the same load I got pregnant.

However, I am paying dearly now. I have inoperable abdominal adhesions that are attaching themselves to things they oughtn't ie. my intenstines, ya'll think you have irritable bowel LOL.
    I had one adhesion release when they did my hysterectomy because of the adhesions, but now everything is glued together in there so if anything else goes wrong well ............ See ya on the other side.

I haven't got to hold him yet becuase they were all too tired Sunday morning and just wanted peace and quiet, then of course I've been recovering for two days for staying up soooooo long. I am going in tonight, he is absolutely adorable, they sent pictures out and he has dimples on both cheeks, I hope they stay.

Thanks you all,

8. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Congratulations Nanna!!!
    I bet you can't wait to hold him!! What did they name him?

8 lbs is a big boy for such a little Mama! I had HUGE babies but I'm almost 5' 10" I actually love big babies, they look so healthy and well...chunky. Love those little thighs - love every part of them. I just love babies period.

What a wonderful gift. Happy to hear he's healthy!
  9. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I am so glad that he got her safely but I know it was hard on momma. I have had 3 c-sections and they are not fun.
    Way back then, 3 was the limit to C-sections. But IO heard the Drs. say after they took him out that my uterus was good and strong.

Enjoy him! There is NOTHING that can give you more thrills and pull at your heart strings like a grandbaby!

Gentle Hugs to all,