Just came from my rheumotologist

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clueless, Sep 4, 2002.

1. clueless

clueless New Member

Just came from my rheumatologist.He has been on a week-end symposium on fibromyalgia. One thing he came home with was the use of tizanidine. Has anyone used this med. or heard any thing about it.? It is another med that you build up slowly in dosage.It will be added to my other meds. and taken at night.If anyone knows about this would you please let me know how it worked.I looked it up and it seems to have the usual warnings etc. I would prefer actual experience results if anyone has used it.Please excuse the rambling.I can`t seem to stay awake today, have had two days of trips to doctor etc.and am totaly wiped out!!!
  2. clueless

clueless New Member

Just came from my rheumatologist.He has been on a week-end symposium on fibromyalgia. One thing he came home with was the use of tizanidine. Has anyone used this med. or heard any thing about it.? It is another med that you build up slowly in dosage.It will be added to my other meds. and taken at night.If anyone knows about this would you please let me know how it worked.I looked it up and it seems to have the usual warnings etc. I would prefer actual experience results if anyone has used it.Please excuse the rambling.I can`t seem to stay awake today, have had two days of trips to doctor etc.and am totaly wiped out!!!
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I'd like to know about this med. as well. Is it for the fatigue or for the pain or what? Somebody let us know....I'm game!
    Be well,
    Kady
  4. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Hi,
    Tizanidine is the generic form of Zanaflex which is a good treatment for muscle spasms and spasticity. They sometimes prescribe it to MS patients too. I took it and had no side effects. I have a listing of some websites to go to for good drug information but I don't think that I can put them here. Email me at teresabnga2002@yahoo.com
    I will give them to you there.

Hope this helps.
    Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  5. RonaEileen

RonaEileen New Member

I've been using Tizanidine to help me sleep. It was described as a mild muscle relaxer. It really does help me sleep...but not the deep sleep. At least I'm getting some of the winks in, I guess.

Sometimes I think I've tried every sleep aid out there...then I open my medicine cabinet and I'm reminded that I really have!!!

Rona