Just Checking In: You Will Never

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Dec 16, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

I hope everyone is doing well and is as healthy as possible. Guess what? I bought a dog for the holidays. It was for myself and I bought her on implulse. A mutt.

I must be out of my mind for doing this,but I have already found the joys of 'mothership'.

My little girl was hit by a hit and run driver at the age of ten (as I have posted before) and maybe, just maybe, I need to feel the mother feeling I lost when she died.

It just about killed me, too.

So,for the holidays I have a new challenge.

And for the record: the name of my daughter who was struck down by a drunk driver is: LYNDA.

May she never be forgotten.

I can only post here because I feel that we care so much about about each other that it is OK.

Why? Because I have this group and basically no 'live'person.

love,
    nyrofan

2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Thank you,

Yes, her name was Lynda. I wish I could every day forget about this board, but it jolts reality to me.

This is the time when I miss her the most: after all of the gifts are given.

nyrofan
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I think buying a dog is a wonderful thing to do and I hope you both find joy in each other.

Your daughter Lynda will never be forgotten.

May the joy that you find in her memory bring you happy thoughts this Christmas time.

Happy Holiday Hugs,

Nancy B
  4. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear NYROFAN:

I hope you have a wonderful experience with the new member of your family. Pets can bring us so much understanding and pure, unconditional love. While I cannot imagine what you have been through losing a daughter (mine is 7), I certainly can feel your pain, and I send you thoughts and prayers.

Have a wonderful holiday with your enlarged "family".

Ingrid
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

That is wonderful you have a new puppy. I really believe animals are so wonderful and a gift. I lost my cousin when she was only 4. Her name was Cristy - such a doll. She had bright red hair.

My uncle who is now 78 is still grieves for her - I can understand. In her case, her mother never had her vacinated and she came down with one of the childhood illnesses. My uncle kept telling my aunt to get her to the doctor, and she delayed until it was too late. She developed menengitis.

I cannot imagine anything more painful than losing a child. Your Lynda was taken from you too soon - that is just not supposed to happen. I know all parents expect to go first.

I hope your new puppy will be a real delight. It is interesting how they go through the same stages like kids. If you can get through the "terrible twos", things are great.

6. kjfms

kjfms Member

You daughter Lynda must have been a beautiful person -- just like her Mama :)

I am truly sorry she was taken from you too soon and I am sure she lives on in you heart each day.

We are all lucky to have each other on this board aren't we -- this time of year is so rough on many of us.

Congratulations!!!! on the puppy :) I think that will be wonderful for you and a great companion.

I was never able to have children so all of my maternal love goes to my "baby" -- puppy -- 11-years-old she will be 12-years-old Christmas day.

Please take care of you,

Karen :)
  7. RedHeadEMT

RedHeadEMT New Member

Oh, Nyrofan, I am so sorry to hear of your terrible loss. I cannot even begin to understand what you went through, but I can sympathize with all my heart.

I think that what you did for yourself this Christmas is wonderful and brave. An animal can be the most amazingly therapeutic, loveable thing that you can do for yourself.

God bless you, Nyrofan. RIP Lynda.

K
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

To All:

You have no idea of the love and care I get from this message board. Not a day goes by when I do not check in here.

Thank you. Yes, it is hard losing a child of my daughter's age and it just seems that I miss her more as I get older.

I never like to talk about it, but felt it was OK here.

Thank you for making me feel your trust.

love,
    nyrofan
  9. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

great news about the puppy,so glad for you. now you will have some real puppy love life company.

i can not imagen what loosing your daughter has done to you(my son is ten) and i am at loss of words to even express the sadness i feel for you and your daughter.

can you put a picture of the puppy on your profile?

(my son so much loves puppys. he lost his last year to distemper and keeps on naming all the stray puppys after her.Simba.)
    take care
    karina

10. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Nyrofan,
    Congratulations! I'm so glad you did this. I just know that you will have many happy years with your new doggie.
    I'm so sorry about your daughter. I really think the little puppy will help you heal, and make you smile.
    Merry Christmas!
    Hugs,
    Terry
    [This Message was Edited on 12/18/2006]
  11. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Having a furry critter is so wonderful, I am so glad to hear you got one.
    I have always said that animals love us more than humans do sometimes. They dont care what you look like first thing in the morning, they dont care what clothes you wear, and most of all they dont try to judge you like people do. You will not find a better companion than one of Gods smallest creatures.

I admire you for the courage to fight each day as you have, keep up the good work, and give that mutt a big hug from an animal lover in Oklahoma.

May God bless you and the new family member, Julie
  12. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Struggling with a grief like that along with this illness must be really overwhelming. Thank goodness you have the love and suport of this board.
    I think a pet is a wonderful way give love and to receive it. I hope your dog brings you joy.

All the best
    Kathy
  13. Callum

Callum New Member

I'm sure you will be a fabulous mother to your new dog; just as I am sure that you were a wonderful mother for ten years to your little girl.

I hope the new dependant in your life will help ease your pain, but please know that it is not the only outlet for your mothering instincts.

You nurture many of us with your insight and feedback and support here on this board. That's what great mothers (and fathers) do!

Hugs and the best for the Holidays,
    Callum
  14. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

To say that I am sorry for your loss seems to simple. Time heals all wounds. I pray you find comfort in your new baby. What did you name her/him?
    I also just got a new puppy. I had 2 doctors tell me it would be good for me. I thought they were crazy! Some days I can barely get myself out of bed!
    Now I have a routine and it has changed my life! I love it. I don't even mind going out in the snow for walks! I hate cold and snow. But the dog has needs so I must do it.
    Good luck with the new addition and Peace Be With You. Mary
  15. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Nyrofan, I'm happy you have a new challenge in your life. Animals can bring us much happiness and love. Your new baby will never fill the void left by your beloved daughter but hopefully will fill your heart with a bit of joy.

Our loved ones are never forgotten as long as we carry them in our hearts.

I wish you much joy with your Doggie.

A virtual friend that shares your daughters name.
    Lynda
  16. jlcrafter

jlcrafter New Member

I'm new here but when I saw your message I couldn't help but respond. I too, know what it's like to lose a child. Our son died 10 years ago. From the moment he was born damaged by the drs, I knew he would die. We had him for 12 years and despite all of the issues with his health, he was multi-handicapped, I wouldn't have traded those years for anything. He taught me so much. His name was Todd. I'm sure that your Lynda will not be forgotten any more than my boy will.

jl
    [This Message was Edited on 12/17/2006]
  17. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi Nyrofan,

Congratulations, your new friend will give you so much unconditional love and be there for you no matter what.
    I have a cat that someone "threw away" about 12 years ago, she is a beautiful cat part persian , part himylayan orange color. She was always a devoted friend but since I became ill, when I am flaring and no one is here she is my very best friend. One day she actually came up on my pillow and licked the tears from my face looking at me with a puzzled glance. I call her my "little lion".
    It broke my heart when you told me about your daughter weeks ago, she will never be forgotten.
    My daughter has been roughed up by everything she has been through the past few years with my illness and our relationship has suffered,sometimes she makes me so angry because she is spoiled and acts it.
    I will think of your daughter when I get angry with her.
    Shortly after you answered my post I sent you a post.
    I think you are near to where I live. I know what you mean about having no "live" folks in your life, I have few and the ones I have are toxic to me.
    Stay well.
    And for the record, my name is lInda
    Lin21
  18. leubie

leubie New Member

hey---------i hope this post finds you felling well-----------im sorry----------but i did not know about your daughter Lynda----------im sorry that you had to ....------------im sorry---------im not sure what to say----------------other that im sure daughter is looking down at you(us) and that she is so VERY PROUD you-----------always sharing kind words -------------offering helpful advice-----------taking care of all of us--------- i hope you enjoy your new friend----dogs are sooooo loving un conditionaly---------please keep us updated w/ the fun stories w/ you and your dog-------------TAKE CARE-------------LOVE TO YOU AND ALL----------oh yes-----------if you do not mind answering(it ok)------when is Lyndas birthday????----------i would like to remember her then????
  19. California31

California31 New Member

Hi, Nyrofan...
    It's really good to talk about Lynda...your daughter...glad you posted. What a terrible tragedy.
    What have you named your new friend?
    My little daughter, Annie, died after a kidney transplant failed..she was 5....her birthday is right after Christmas...so for years the holidays were rough...
    Like one of the posts said....we're blessed to have had these little ones with us...and that is true....but the separation from time to time has been unbearable....so, that you have your little animal to share your life...makes me smile.
    I only recently found this site..and am happy that there are such caring people who have FM, CFS...and that you find the site so meaningful, too.
  20. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

that I feel the pain in your post when you speak of your daughter..I can not even begin to imagine your loss, when it comes down to it our children are our everything..I will think of you this christmas and of your daughter Lynda...and good luck with the dog, they are great companions once they are house trained of course.

hugs
    Chloe