Just completed 14 days of Atkins diet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by magic, Nov 17, 2002.

1. magic

magic New Member

and have good and bad results.I have lots more energy,have done 3x15 mins on the treadmill and have been swimming twice.I have,nt done this for over a year,but I have only lost 3lbs which is really,really disapointing.I have obout 50lbs to loose,note for Sybil.What do I do now.
  2. magic

magic New Member

and have good and bad results.I have lots more energy,have done 3x15 mins on the treadmill and have been swimming twice.I have,nt done this for over a year,but I have only lost 3lbs which is really,really disapointing.I have obout 50lbs to loose,note for Sybil.What do I do now.
  3. phenom

phenom New Member

don't give up, everything takes time. i hope to start this same diet soon too. good luck

phenom
  4. roro

roro New Member

The next step after induciton is OWL. There is a great site for info and support called atkinsfriends (Edited by Moderator). They dont sell anything, and they have a message board and chat.
  5. kay

kay New Member

checked to see if you are getting into ketosis? Dont know if I spelt that right?? Linda
  6. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Did you BUY and read his book before starting the diet?? If you did, then Dr. Atkins tells you what to do if you don't enter ketosis within the first 3 days of the diet. You MUST own this book and treat it like your bible during the induction period. Some people have stubborn bodies and have to do different things to kick in the fat burning process....he tells you how to go about this. Some people can't eat the cheese and some can't eat the whipped cream. Everyone is different. The doctor does say that if you aren't losing more weight than what you are, then there's something you aren't doing right...or you are cheating and just not admitting to it. He he....

Marilyn
  7. magic

magic New Member

to ssmarilyn,Ihave got the book and have followed it asmuch as possible.The only thing I haven,t been able to tell is if I have gone into ketosis as I dont have any of the strips.The amount of eggs I am eating concerns me but perhaps this is weightwatchers mentality.Does this site sell the strips if not where do I get them from,I,m in the U.K.
  8. HiFive

HiFive New Member

You should be able to get the strips at any pharmacy. I got them at Walmart.
    I am on day two of the Atkins 14 day induction. I have a trip planned for the week of Thanksgiving so my induction may only last 7 days but that at least will jump start my motabolizm. And who knows? I may be able to stay on the progam during my trip. I'll try.
    I had trace amounts of ketones even after a few hours on the program with no carbs. What are you eating?
    pam
  9. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi.

I am from the uk and just last week there was a report on the tv saying that this diet makes you fatigued and is dangerous. I desperatly need to diet as i am housebound and mostly bed bound at the moment which is causing me to put on wait rapidly. Also the new anti-depressant Remeron i just started may be adding to this problem.
    Did others from the uk see this report and what do you think on it making fatigued worse?

Shazzy
  10. HiFive

HiFive New Member

On CNN this morning they talked about the Atkins Diet. A study has shown that it raised good cholesterol significantly and raised the bad just slightly.
    I have a co-worker/friend who has lost several pounds on Adkins. She was fatigued for the first several days, she now has abounding energy.
  11. darlee

darlee New Member

Hi magic,

This is my 9th day on the diet- 5 lbs down with out exercise-hard to eat all this protein and eggs,plus no fruit, just certain veggies but I am- no one told me about these strips- I will get them today after my dr. appt- in 4 months I will get my cholesterol re- checked as I have hi(270) and have for yrs even tho I have always eaten mostly low fat, skim products (but I loved my whole grain breads)- refused to go on zocor for my hi cholesterol.Anyway-I was starving but not now and I need to check out the atkins web site. Keep going- magic!
  12. magic

magic New Member

sorry to here you are so poorly at the moment.Yes I did watch the t,v. programme and thought it was quite negative but they did admit to loosing 14 and 7 lbs.Ihave only had increased energy and have just returned from my second swimming lesson.It does get better put in your own time no one elses.Ijust want to watch the scales going down not up for a change.