Just curious, indulge me.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SPR30, Jun 30, 2006.

1. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

How many of you go back to topics that you have replied to:

1. Because you want to see if you were helpful,maybe the poster thanked you or wished to engage in conversation...

2. To see if your answer was correct, or your idea was original.

3. To see if someone responded to your idea, or reply.

4. To rebuff, sometimes we want to get a rise out of others.

I am just curious...I often go back to topics to see if I was helpful or if the situation was resolved...or played out or whatever.
    Sometimes (I am sure this is not true, but merely coincidence) I feel like a topic killer...like once I have a say everyone drops the idea...yes, I am a bit insecure....but I have a drive to help and be liked.

All things aside....I mean no harm in this post, I have just been wondering for sevral months, in fact, if others go back and read after they have replied to a post.
  2. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I am glad to know it isn't just me...lol!!!!
    Sometimes I become almost obsessed with a situation and go back repeatedly to see how it ended!
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Yes, I always go back and read posts I have responded to for many of the same reasons you do!

I noticed when I signed on today that all of the posts I had read or responded to were their original color again!

Anyone else have that happen to them?

Now I can't remember what I've read and what I haven't !!!
    Not good for someone with fibro fog like me!!! LOL

4. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I always go to the thread to see who answered and to get other ideas.

Sue in Ontario
  5. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I love this.....it is fun to see how many peole have minds like mine! LOL!!!!!
    Livn, I haven't gotten the call about my new pup....I cannot wait!!!! Hubby didn't get her info, just gave the lady our number.....darn it! I wanna know what's going on.
    Isn't it just like a man to say, well, she will call when the pups are born......or don't get too excited, she may not call...ugh!!!!!!!!!! Why do they do this????
    I am so excited to get another baby. I want a chi dog too. I think I will end up with 3 dogs...yes, 3 is good. I like numbers that are divisible by 3. Oooops, there goes my mind again........
    (Some say there is a fine line between genius and insanity, I straddle that line!) I think that will be my new signature! It suits me, don't you think?????
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Yes, mine does change colors, but you can just put your name is the 'Search' feature on the left side on top of this page, and check all your responses there instead of trying to find them on the board. It sure is a lot less time consuming.

Yes, I will also go back and see if I helped, or didn't help. Its just human nature I guess :)

Shalom, Shirl
  7. millennia

millennia New Member

Sometimes I feel like I should sign every post, Thread Killer! I used to feel bad, now I just tell myself, I clearly said it best or answered the question and everyone else feels that they have nothing to add to what I've said.

I do sometimes wish that people would leave an update on whether any of the advice was helpful, I worry about you guys and wonder if the situations worked out ok. Sometimes it just takes so long before you know whether somethings works or before a situation gets resolved though that half us forget we even wrote a post.
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Could possibly be me!!

I always go back to topics I've posted on every day. I always check my profile before leaving the site to find which one's I've participated on.

This helps me cause it also gives me the date too. I've never tried to get a rise out of others though.

Let's see who wins the title of the Ultimate Thread Killer this time....drumroll please!

Nancy B.
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

I do it too.

Kriket
  10. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

The answers are.....

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. No

11. millennia

millennia New Member

That explains it! I often go to respond to a thread only to find out I already did and forgot. I always think that whatever I said was a really me thing to say, my ghost writer does a good job.
  12. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

because I really enjoyed the thread, and want to read more people's responses in it. I usually check on the past threads after I've read most of the new ones for the day, but not as often now that I'm sleeping more.

By the way, to comment on killing a topic, I killed a shaving thread SOOOOOO badly. Check out "Shaving - I'm going against the grain of this thread" for a laugh. After hearing about how I'd stopped shaving any part of my body, it seems no one wanted to speak of it again! :D Don't worry about it, SPR30. Someone's the last to add to any thread, and it may as well be by saying something different.

((TC)) Shannon
  13. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Honora,
    I'm on a Mac too and none of the threads change color.
    I also have a MacBook Pro which is new and the same thing for that computer--no change on the thread color.

I also have a Windows 2000 computer and the threads do change on that one, so I think it is a Mac thing.

Shalom,
    Faye
  14. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

if i remember something special i will..

jodie
  15. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

go back and see what the developments are.

l) I'm curious, and
    2) I'm lonely. So a little chit chat on the board is nice.

[ advertisement ]