Just diagnosed. Anyone know about PREGNANCY and FMS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenbfsu, Jan 11, 2006.

1. jenbfsu

jenbfsu New Member

I will be 30 next week and I am a newlywed. My husband and I were planning on starting a family soon but about 6 months ago my debilitating pain started. I have heard that it will get better with excercise, therapy, diet, and meds. BUT, i am concerned that I will be in pain all through my pregnancy and more importantly, will I be able to hold my baby without constant pain???? If you have been through it or know anything on this issue, I would really appreciate any info. Thanks, Jen
  2. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

Sorry you have fibro but don't worry you can still have a baby. In fact most lady's go into a remission during pregnancy. I didn't have fibro with my first but I did with #2 - 7.

You can get better with all the things you mentioned but there is no cure yet. A good diet is very important. Keep reading the boards and you will find so much help here.

I went into total remission with some of mine with the symptoms slowly coming back with weening my babies. I tend to crash after totally weening. You may need the most help right after labor. I know that breastfeeding slowed the crash. I laid down to nurse to save my back and arms. Some of the other ladys said they used the little slings for carrying the baby. There are a lot of things to help conserve energy.

M
  3. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

My son is just over 2...i'll not say it hasn't been hard...but so worth it. I am actually anxious to do it again. I went into a complete remission while pregnante and while I was brestfeeding. Then I totally crashed...I would stay preggo forever just for how good I felt.

At the top left of the screen there is a search box...type in pregnancy...you should get lots of past posts where we all told our story.

Good luck
    Amy