Just diagnosed & have Qts.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlynn, Oct 19, 2009.

1. mlynn

mlynn New Member

I have recently been diagnosed with FM. I guess they say it was brought on by a surgery I just had. I have severe pain and muscle twitching, My heart races and sometimes I can feel my pulse in my hands and fingers. One of my qts. is I have pain and soreness on both sides of my body but most of my severe problems are on the left sie. Is this common to have a more painful side than the other?
  2. onset1990

onset1990 Member

having pain in one or more quadrant of the body, so the answer to your question is yes, one side can be more painful than the other. This has been the case for me from the beginning.
  3. mlynn

mlynn New Member

I also get a burning sensation under left arm that radiates to left breast I hear this is part of it to. Have you experienced this?
  4. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

Yes, in certain areas, my left side always had more pain.

Same spots on my right side, but not as much and not as painful.

5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

FM is a symptom of a bigger picture that Dr's are missing.

Your surgery could have been a stressor that triggered a latent infection to become active.

Many people with FMS or CFS later found out (if they were lucky) that their symptoms were caused by a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme) and common coinfecitions like bartonella, babesia, ehrlichia, etc.

Pain, muscle twitching, and heart problems are just some of the possible symptoms of lyme and coinfections.

99% of Dr's do not know how to recognize chronic lyme and coinfections. They also do not know how to diagnose it or treat it.

Lyme literate MD's (LLMD) follow ILADS guidelines not the IDSA guidelines that deny that chronic lyme exists.

I had a FMS diagnosis for 21 years. I did my own research and discovered I had chronic lyme and coinfections.

You know how they say FMS and CFS have "no known cause"? Well, that's ridiculous. Everything has a cause. They will not look for it, so you have to find it yourself.

You can go to the lyme board for more info...ask what ever you want.

Please know that lyme should NEVER be ruled out by just a negative test. It happens all the time though, leaving people suffering forever.

It is a clinical diagnosis based on history and symptoms.

Here is some info for you to read....it helped me alot....

see p 9-11 for symptom list...and p 22-27 for coinfection symptom info.....but read through the whole thing...

All the best to you.
  6. onset1990

onset1990 Member

in my right leg, lower leg. my right side is my bad one since I broke my ankle. I think that I have some nerve damage from the accident that made my fibro worse in that leg.

You might ask you Dr if your surgery could have caused some nerve damage?

Also, since I've had fibro, anything that messes with any part of my body will cause a myriad of symptoms afterwards but most of them subside over time, or at least the acute feelings subside.

I also get burning and tingling in my arms from dislocated disks in my upper spine when muscles pull them out of line. You might want to see a chripractor if it continues. And of course, I mention ALL these symptoms to my Dr at checkups, I don't try to self diagnose. [<i>This Message was Edited on 10/19/2009</i>][This Message was Edited on 10/19/2009]