Just diagnosed with CFS, PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mom2kk, May 2, 2006.

1. mom2kk

mom2kk New Member

Hi there,

My name is Lori and I was recently diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis and took that very hard and since then my body got quite stressed and rundown and I went to a Neurologist yesterday and he confirmed that I do not have Fibromiyalga but I do have Chronic Fatique Syndrome. The Neurologist said exercise is the key but when I read up on it I'm reading that exercise is bad. I have neck ache, back ache, sometimes chest ache and fatique. That's pretty much it. I get abit of headfog etc. When I exercise I don't feel completely dead and infact I do feel abit better but I don't have the "tender spots" that Fibro talks about. So why am I not as exhausted as it indicates I should be always and after exercising. Does anyone have any suggestions, which one does it sound like I have.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/02/2006]
  2. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I have had cfs for 22 years. If I try to exercise I get very ill afterwards. When I first became ill, it would may be a day or two after execise that I would be extremely sick. Have you had any blood test to rule out anemia or anythingelse. To me it really doesn't sound like CFS. My mother in law has IC, also, she gets very sick with this.
  3. mom2kk

mom2kk New Member

Yes I have had several blood tests and my iron is a little low but nothing alarming.
  4. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

As with any disease, there are varying degrees of disability. You may just have a more mild case, in which case you may not become as debilitated after exercise as others here do. Or, you may have different presenting symptoms. For me, the post-exertional malaise ranges. Sometimes I can just push through it and it's not too bad, and other times it hits like a ton of bricks and I end up in bed for a day or two resting. There are other symptoms associated with CFS as well...fevers, swollen lymph nodes, sore throats, fatigue, muscle aches, joint pain, headaches...the list goes on. There seems to be a strong correlation between CFS and the immune system.

You may want to look around for a doctor who specializes in CFS. Infectious disease doctors often treat patients with CFS, and that's who I see for mine. He is great, very knowledgable about CFS and keeps up to date on the research.

Hope this helps a bit. Gentle healing hugs to you.

Kim
  5. mom2kk

mom2kk New Member

Thanks for everyone's input, may I ask, regardless of what I have I am going to fight this and continue on leading a normal life and try not to change things or lay around the house....if I can help it. Is it possible to lead a normal life with a full time job and 2 kids, is there anyone out there who just lives with it? Also...Can some people give me some idea on remedies on how to make myself feel better regardless if it is CFS or FIBRO. It sounds to me like I have fibro but I just don't know.