Just diagnosed with Lyme Disease, feeling down in dumps

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Feb 13, 2006.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I just got home from the FFC and I have lyme disease. Great. I should feel relieved to know I have something that can maybe be treated but I just feel so sad. I'm only 31 and I feel like I'm 80. I'm just so sick of it.

Meow
  2. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Thanks Nanna and Jill - I always feel like I have a friend here.

Jill - What were your symptoms besides the speech problems like I have? And what treatment are you on?

Thanks...Meow
  3. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I was one of the fortuante ones who don't have Lymes but I have met so many who do have it and some who are getting better. It really stinks but you can do this and although a year may seem like an eternity when you are fighting these illnesses you will get there. I predict next year you be a strong shoulder for someone else going through this!

Hang in there friend and I am so glad they have found the cause and you are brave enough to fight this battle! Lynn
  4. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

except that I hope that the diagnosis will lead to a cure. What is the FFC proposing for treatment? I am likely going to start treatment in the next few months, and will appreciate following what you are doing. Blessings to you. Jen102
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

so sorry that you are so down. I don't know anything about Lyme....but maybe they can give you something that will make it easier to cope....and make you feel better!

Love....Mari

6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I know just how you feel. I pray you feel better soon. The ladies here on this forum are very helpful and seem to know quite a bit about lyme disease. I go to the FFC also.
    Take Care!
    Kellyann
  7. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

When you name it, you can finally treat it! People do recover and get their lives back, and you can, too.

Sorry you're feeling down about it all. Hang on, it's a bumpy ride, but we're all here to support you.

What treatment will you start with? Do you have co-infections, too?

Take some time to let it sink in. And take care.

Wishing you well,
    Hopeful4
  8. dontlikeliver

dontlikeliver New Member

With this, now you are hopefully on your way to reclaiming your life.

It's not an easy or short ride for most, but you will get better and maybe even get back to 100%, many people do.

DLL
  9. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I have been ill and disabled since 1988 with CFS when I got a Lyme diagnosis last fall I felt like a rock had been taken off my back. For once I knew what to go after to become well instead of just treat the symptoms of CFS. I also felt I had a disease that had a little more respect instead of cfs. I would suggest you search out a really good LLMD on lymenet. I found a great one in Missouri.

Hang in there!

jar
  10. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

Hi Meow,

I heard about Lyme disease years ago when mostly people from back east were getting it. I always wanted to know more about it. How long did you have it before you were diagnosed? Are the symptoms similar to arthritis? Thank goodness for the great support on this board. I hope and pray you will feel better and that your doctors will find the right treatment for you.

KittyCat
  11. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Man that really stinks. I know, I have it too. Which FFC do you go to?

If you haven't made it over to lymnet,please do, there is a ton of info over there.

I am still in the feeling like crap phase but I hope to soon be on the upward swing. Hang in there.

Dani
  12. laspis1

laspis1 New Member

At least you can start concrete treatment and not experiment like a lot of us do. There is also hope for going into total remission once you are treated. I also suspect I have that and I am trying to find a dr. Hang in there.
  13. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

But now you know what you're fighting! Now you can get started on killing off the lyme and co-infections. I'm sorry you feel so so bad but heads up cause things are going to get better now :)
    Take care,
    Dee50
  14. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Thanks everyone for your kind replies!

Firecop- it's crazy how many symptoms we have in common and it gives me hope! Thank you.

I am in nursing school until May when I graduate. May 4th to be exact. I talked to my dr. about it and she's okay with me waiting until I graduate to begin treatment with abx. I can't handle a nasty herx reaction right now.

I know it sounds crazy but I have worked SO hard for this nursing degree and I'm almost finished and I don't want anything to get in my way. It's one accomplishment I'm so proud of and I just want to finish!

So in May I'm going to take the time to do the abx, get sicker and then get better!
  15. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Thank you all for your support! It means so much to me.

Jill - I'll think about everything you said. Thank you for worrying about me!
  16. dontlikeliver

dontlikeliver New Member

I would just start the treatment. You may not have a nasty herx at all. It may be mild. If it gets too much, you back off the dose for 2-3 days.

Doxy is not a good antibiotic on it's own for chronic Lyme. it is OK for acute Lyme though.