Just Diagnosed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Five0, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Five0

Five0 New Member

Hello everyone. I wast just diagnosed yesterday after 5 long years of not knowing. They first diagnosed me with akylosing Spondylitis. Then they said I didn't have it. Then there was a possibility that it was MS, but yesterday it only took about a half an hour for the neuroligist to tell me what five other DR's couldn't. I am just happy to finally know what I am suffering from.
  2. 1horse

1horse New Member

I agree with prickles..you will love this board.. welcome..
  3. Five0

Five0 New Member

Thanks Prickles. I will keep your information on hand. I am taking antidepressents that they say will help with the sleep and pain, but they don't seem to work all that well. I will check to see if I can get put on something else. Since I am new to this I will need every recomendation that anyone has. Thanks again!
  4. taniazcatz

taniazcatz New Member

Five0

I'm sorry about your recent diagnosis. I sort of understand what you went through trying to find out what was wrong. It didnt't take them 5 years to figure me out, only about a year. That was torture. I can only imagion how you must have felt going through that.

I think you'll love this board. There are so many wonderful caring people here to listen to you just vent if you need to, to make suggestions and they truly understand what life is like with FMS.

I'm glad you found us, I'm sorry that you had to look for us. But we're here if you need anything let us know.

Hugs

Tanya
  5. shelby319

shelby319 New Member

Hi to everyone!! This looks like a fantastic board and I am so happy I found it!! It might just be a godsend for me and I want to thank you ahead of time!!
    I was diagnosed almost 5 months ago, although I had symtoms for many months before, but I do have a very good Dr. who is helping me with all my needs and really cares. So between the two of us we are working very closely to come up with all the medications and therapy to help me cope, and find what works and what doesn't.
    I have been reading some of the other posts and have gotten some great information so far, and I hope by joining will find out alot more to help me cope with this painful, sleep deprived, muscle spasms, depresssion, all the trigger points, and so on condition!!! Which I have had them all!!! Right now mostly the depression is what is my biggest concern because of the pain associated with this condition.
    The Dr. right now has me on antidepressants, vicodin, and even oxycontin for the pain when I have a bad flare up, I guess you call it, along with soma for the muscle spasms and for sleep. Sounds like an awful lot of meds doesn't it? Does everyone have to take this much medication all the time or just when you have flair ups? I also take alot of vitamins that I found out about through "Fibromyalgia for Dummies"!!
    I haven't made a profile yet, but I wanted to join and post first and then come back and figure out how to do that next. I hope to be here often and receive some help from you and hopefully I can contribute something in return.
    Thanks for listening~~
  6. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

Hope you like to read! This board is packed with great info and feedback from people who really understand how you
    feel. Sometimes I print the long posts and articles so that I can lay down and read them. I do this to save energy; sitting up is often so tiresome for me.

Enjoy this site!

Abluv