Just diagnosed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KLJ, Jan 10, 2003.

1. KLJ

KLJ New Member

HI- My name is Kerrie. I am 28 years old and was diagnosed with FMS about 6 months ago. My current medication regimen is Elavil 25 mgs at bedtime. I am going to add my profile to your board and hope that you will welcome me into it. I am so relieved to find such a nice board to share stories and information. Thanks! -Kerrie
  2. Carina

Carina New Member

Welcome Kerrie,

Thank God you found this site so early in your diagnosis. There are so many wonderful and supportive people here. I can tell you that I have recieved priceless help here.

I have body-wide FMS. Some of the things that have helped me were:

Flexeril for muscle cramping

Elminating All potatoes from my diet along with eggplant, and limiting peas and beans, tomatoes and cucumbers (without seeds).

Eat or drink an apple product a day
    for malic acid

Physical therapy, going very slowly starting at 4 reps per exercise and walking 3 mins a day. I got up to walking 8 mins a day, on level land and 14 reps per exercise over the course of 7 weeks.

Using a bubblemat in the tub that has a heater 2 times a week. I got it through my pharmacy.

Taking an extensive amount of vitamins, minerals and CoQ 10.
    I was insistant that the doctor keep an eye on my blood levels.

Gentle stretching before getting out of bed and whenever I had to be sitting or standing for an extensive period of time.

Pacing myself throughout the day, taking breaks even if I felt I didn't need one.

Limiting doing launry to one load a day OR cleaning one room in the house a day.

I had been taking serezone but have had to discontinue due to the doctor did not keep an eye on my liver enzymes. Also I had to cut down on the flexeril, at least for now. I am having a hard time right now but working with another doctor and a pych nurse, and reading this board to keep my spirits up, I know that better days may very well be ahead for me for me.
    Welcome, Kerrie.
    Soft hugs to you,
    Carina

3. Carina

Carina New Member

I forgot to put on my list of helps
    trigger point release massages. This has been most helpful. I also use a Theracane between the massages. The theracane address can be obtained through a physical therapist.

Carina
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Kerrie, welcome to our world! You are most welcome here, we are glad you found us.

Will be looking forward to your profile too.

Just stopped to welcome you.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. KLJ

KLJ New Member

to everyone who replied back to me. It made me feel very welcome. Carina, thanks for the list of all of your various treatments. I think I will copy them down for future use and to discuss with my doctor. I was wondering how long you have carried this diagnosis?

[ advertisement ]