Just Diagnosed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shaylee, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Shaylee

Shaylee New Member

Dear Anyone,

I have just been diagnosed with CFS,FM,Sleep disorder as in no sleep, Depression along with a few other things. I am on so many meds if my liver can live through it I will be lucky.

The hardest thing I have dealing with is the dysfunction and pain of it all. Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

May God be with all of us and in His Grace and Mercy may we
    find peace.

Thank you,

Frustrated
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello Shaylee, welcome to our world. So sorry you are so ill.

I don't know what to tell you, other than to hang in there.
    I have found relief from a host of my problems being on this board for two years, and I know you will too.

I take supplements, herbs, vitamins, etc. The only med that I take is Xanax at night.

I tried the meds, most didn't agree with me, so I tried another way of helping myself.

Many others do get good results from meds, I just happened to be one of those people that they don't agree with!

I have had Fibro now for over 20 plus years. Yea, I am quite familiar with the pain, and all the other ailments that go along with it.

Stay with us, I am sure we can help you find a better quality of life here, I know that I have.

Again welcome to the board!

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Shaylee

Shaylee New Member

Thank you for writing. It does not help me to know someone else has this dreadful disease, but it does so help that someone understands.

I will pray for me and everyone.

Shaylee
  4. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

Hi Shaylee, you picked a very great support system, its awesome. I was dx in Oct 2001, still not adjusted completely, i don't think we eveer will. I was at the docs office on Wed waiting to go in, i had to stand and sit, cause either one hurts so badly if i do it to long. Pain somewhere everyday. Sunday i was so fituged from just going out to dinner, i had to come home and crawl under the bed, where i stayed till Monday evening. My suggestions as far as pain control, is to find a good pain manangement Doc, also go into the engine search on this site and type in pain meds, maybe you can get some imput from others and what they take for pain before you go. Good luck to you and welcome aboard. (((((((((Gentle Hugs))))))))) Reg
  5. bejo

bejo New Member

First of all,welcome.I guess the best thing that I can say is to find and read all the information you can find.Meds are just a trial and error intil you find something that works at least a little.You will slowly learn to kind of pace yourself whenever possible.This is a great site for support and that is very important.Sending you (((hugs))) so you will know that we're all here for you.
    bejo