JUST DIAGOSED.. NEW TO FM NOT PAIN..:/

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by latinachick77, Sep 25, 2006.

1. latinachick77

latinachick77 New Member

IM NEW TO ALL THIS AND IM JUST LEARNING AND READING ALOT TO KNOW HOW TO COPE. I HAVE HAD PAIN FOR MANY YEARS NOW,BUT I REALIZED IT WASN'T JUST ME THINKING IM JUST OVER WORKED WITH MY FIELD OF WORK..IM 29 AND HAVE TWO BEAUTIFUL SONS THAT I NEED TO STAY STRONG FOR.ANY ADVICE? I CAN RELATE TO THE NECK AND SHOULDER PAIN I CANT TAKE IT SOMETIMES!!!
  2. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Sorry we all have to meet this way, but this is a great way to find the support and amazing wisdom that we all need from time to time.

Just an FYI: some people get really upset/offended or just won't read a post that is all caps. I've heard others say it hurts their eyes. I have no problem with it, but to some, they feel they're being shouted at. Go figure!

Anyway, what field of work are you in? If it means being on your feet all day, or lifting, bending, spending a lot of time in a very stressful job, I'm afraid you may have to decide to cut back or stop altogether. So many of us have had to make that decision, and it certainly isn't an easy one.

There are others who have been fortunate enough to cut back hours, find meds or supplements that allow them to continue working. I hope you are one of the lucky ones. I had to quit nursing after over 20 years in that field. It makes you feel like you've lost part of yourself.

But you do learn to adjust and find strengths that you never knew you had. Good luck to you and please stay around and let us get to know you better! PG
  3. latinachick77

latinachick77 New Member

Thanks for the welcome. sorry about the caps but honestly I was kinda screaming..lol! Everyday i suffer from pain especially my feet,legs back,shoulders and really bad migraines. I also am in the nursing field, I'm a nurse asst and wanted to continue my education but i have forgotten about that because i dont think i can manage school and my concentration is really bad, the other day i was writing a check at the pharmacy and had to ask the cashier to help me write my check because i suddenly blanked out. For years i thought that my soreness and fatigue was my job doig it to me but now that i barely lift my patients i still struggle to even walk.I'm doing my best to accept and learn more and hopefully talking to people who understand me will help as well..thanks again!
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

back up top`

Welcome Latina!

hopefully I'll remember to write ya more tomorrow.(thats why I bumped this back onto page 1)
    You deserve more than 3 welcomes!!

and I'm over-medicated due to dental pain :)
    (lovin it too :) so I can't write much now.

If my brainfog allows,... I'll be back at ya later~
    Hugs,... till then,
    Tandy
  5. alexandralynch

alexandralynch New Member

I found that hot baths help a lot with the muscle aching, especially if I use aromatherapy oils in the water. Massage is also helpful.

I like doing very light weight work on Nautilus machines(like, ten to twenty pounds...almost nothing). It seems to keep the muscles feeling not quite so aching and prickly. I don't walk so much because I'm not in a good neighborhood and I hate hitting the point of exhaustion when I haven't got home yet. Also, laughter and happiness do help. I have a lot less pain on a day where I've spent it with the people I love laughing and having a good time than if I've spent it worrying and fretting.
  6. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Latinachick77:

Just wanted to say hi. Sorry you are here, and in pain. Hope you get some good ideas here. This board moves quickly...so you have to stay sharp...I am interested in how you are managing to work as a nurse with this disease? I have RA as well as a bunch of ther issues, and I have been off work for 6 months now. Cannot imagine going back...but if I can find the right combo of meds...perhaps it will be possible.

Well, welcome and hope you enjoy it here.

Ingrid
  7. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Welcome to the board we are glad to have you. I know you will find all the information and encouragement you need hear. We are all here for each other. I haven't been a member here long. There is a lot of information here. You just have to look around and read a lot.

Angie