Just Did Online Grocery Shopping

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pw7575, Jan 6, 2007.

1. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to say that I just finished my first online grocery shopping experience with Giant Food Grocery Store and it was great. I just took my list and went online and got all of my groceries.

It was easy and they will deliver them to my door for a delivery fee of only $6.95. I will HAPPILY pay $6.95 to NOT have to go grocery shopping.

I dread the grocery store. It wears me out for the entire day. I hate using one day of my energy on grocery shopping. Now I can use it for something else :) I have been thinking about doing this for a while and now I don't know why I waited so long.

I have really been feeling overwhelmed lately with all of the house hold stuff that needs to be done since I HATE having my boyfriend do everything. This is a relief to me. At least this is one less thing I have to worry about. It is something that I can easily do myself while also taking something off of my boyfriends plate. I am sure he will be happy as well to have one less thing to do!

Just wanted to share this. Maybe others can do it too if it is offered in your area.

Take Care,
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI Pam - I am so glad that worked out for you. I have the same delimma... but I live out in the boonies and they do not deliver here yet... hopefully sometime soon.

Sounds great to me and you can eliminate those impulse buys.

Glad that worked for you.
  3. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Hi Kimba and Diane. I hope they bring online shopping to you both soon! It is really a help to people like us. I know there are so many out there who could benefit from online grocery shopping besides CFS and FMS people too.

Hi to you Diane...it is a small world. Sorry you haven't been able to get back to this area more often. I grew up in Maryland and went to college in VA and have lived here since after college. So I have been in the area my whole life. I do like it here.

Wish the traffic would go away though!! Although I don't have to deal with it too much now that I am home all the time so I will chalk that up to one positive thing about CFS haha :)

4. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Thanks for letting us know how it went. I think I will look into it too. For that price..even more-I would pay more. My hubby works at a grocery store, but dreads getting stuff after work. He doesn't mind a few things here & there, but we are a family of 6! Maybe I'll get on that & give him a break. Thanks again, & glad it help ease your load, Laura
  5. joyfully

joyfully New Member

$6.95 is dirt cheap for the service. When you think of the price of gas, the hassle of shopping, carting all that stuff into the house.

Sounds like a perfect solution for you. Congratualtions!

Good thinking!
  6. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Good for you and that price is well worth it ;)

I wish we could get that service in out area but like another member said we are also in the boonies. We don't even have cable out this far.....LOL.

I am glad you were able to do this and I wish you many more blessings to come.