Just dxed anyone taking cyclobenzaprine /Flexeril?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Granniluvsu, May 2, 2006.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi All,

My new Rheumy just dxed. me today or should I say she went along with my dx of myself after 20 plus years of this mess today with FM and CMP. I went armed with a good history and recent labs and she more or less agrreed with me. She told me about some drugs but will start me low and slow shall we way to see what works, etc. and what might cause some problems.

She started me on the generic Flexeril - 10 mg. to help me sleep at night also also for the pain. I know that everyone reacts differently so will have to see but was wondering about other people reactions and if they thought they helped. I am supposed to take it at bedtime.

My problem at this point is mostly the CMP with head and neck but I also have other pain all over too.

Any info you might have on this or other psosible drugs would be helpful. She also mentioned possibly taking Lexapro, zoloft, neurontin, and Lycica or something like that. Anyone taking those and are they helping at all.??

Bye for now. Thanks for any help in advance.!

Blessings,

Marilyn ( thqt granni)
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

for a long time. Now it doesn't do anything for me. I take zanaflex now.

These are muscle relaxants. They do help with pain and sleep for some people. I hope you are one of them.

God Bless.
  3. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

it makes me tired, and helps with sleep. It really helps when I'm having trouble relaxing.
  4. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Hello granni,

I take Flexaril (the generic. I find it helps my MUSCLE spasms just about better than anything else. I have had trouble with sleeping a lot but I am in the worst flair I have ever had (12 plus yrs.)

I take Celebrex.Cymbalta (similiar to zoloft) and Lunesta at night to help with sleep and over all well being. These are helping a lot but when the muscles get THE BURN (shoulder and neck for me), I pull out the Flexaril.

I try to take it only when the burn gets pretty bad for fear it may stop working one day if I take it too often. I do not have any side effects that I can attribute back to it. I have been on Neurotin (pretty high dosage)as well as Pamelor,Lortab, and the "great" Bextra in the past.

Some days, I couldn't make it with out it...For me...It's a good RX to have in your corner when ya' need it.

Good Luck!
    jenni
  5. SBelk

SBelk New Member

Hi!

I had taken flexerial years ago, and now I am on it again for my fibromyalgia. It relaxes you very good so you can get a good night sleep. Never had any side effects from it.

It seems to be a good relaxer.

Hope this helps!

6. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I have been taking cyclobenzaprine (Flexeral) 10 mg 90 min. prior to bedtime for two months. My doctor just agreed to script me for twice a day so I can take it in the morning on those days when I am really super stiff.

I think it has helped me. It does make me sleepy so I have to be careful if I'm going to take it during the day so it won't hit max blood levels while I'm driving.

I also take Naproxen 500 mg twice a day now for pain, along with a Prilosec OTC twice a day to protect my stomach.

I take Adderall 10 mg up to 3x a day to combat the extreme fatigue. That has been a tremendous help also.

My "regular" non-FM meds are: Cymbalta 60 mg and Seroquel 600mg to stabilize my bipolar disorder - this combo has been working great for me. And I take Norvasc 10 mg and Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg for blood pressure (but that runs on both sides of my family.)

Hope this helps.
    Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Thanks to all for your responses so far. You have been so helpful and I know that I will be asking more abaout the meds later on too when she starts me on something else.

When do/did you take it before bedtime? Any [articular time do you suggest, an hour or so before or what?

God bless you all. you are such gems and so is theis list.

Blessings and soft hugs,

Marilyn ( that granni)

8. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

granni,

The Flexaril doesn't take long to take effect. I usually take it about an hour before bed time. i find it really "chills" out the burning sensations and helps me relax quite well.

I say try to work it into your night time routine...like when you brush your teeth before bed, when the news comes on, etc. Find a "mental reminder" to help you. That is what works for me. I would lay in bed in pain having forgotten to take it...only to be frustrated by the pain and inability to sleep...DUUUHHH! Fibrofog!

Find what works for you. That's my best advise.
    Good luck
    jenni
  9. hot-tubgirl

hot-tubgirl New Member

I've been taking it for about 10 years. take 10mg. an hour before bedtime. i've tried to stop it several times and end up not sleeping. i can't get comfortable unless i take it. it does make me feel hungover in the morning, but if i don't sleep, i'm in real trouble. good luck.
  10. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i've taken flexeril befor and it didn't work very well for me. i've found that the muscle relaxer robaxin works much better for me. also i have been on nuerontin for about 2 years now for headaches and that combined with topamax is the only thing that has ever helped. and there have been very few side effects from the two, at least for me. i hope this helps.
    rachel