Just fed up

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scarletstang, Aug 5, 2008.

1. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

The fight for disability and the wait and survival. Takes it's toll. I know I am not alone. I had a private policy through my employer and they are trying every tactic to deny me. I have much more than fibro. You work all of your life and fight to work and when you need help . . okay I'm done with my pity party.
  2. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I went through the same thing. It just isn't fair, I know

for me I always work hard jobs like stuff where your on your

feet all day. I once worked in a school cafeteria and it was

terrible, kids are so rude nowdays (it was middle school).

You really deserve it with working hard most of your life

it is not like you enjoy being disabled! What makes it hard

on people like us is people who don't really have a problem.

Well good luck I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Gentle Hugs
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

Do you have a representative?

Try Alsup! Many here are swearing by them, having no problems like you are having.

Enter Alsup in search engine above; if no hits, someone here will tell you their experience if you ask in a Posting Title specifically, ok?

Best to you,
  4. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

Thank you very much.
  5. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

I have an attorney for SS disability. I was also covered by a long term disability through work and I paid for a supplemental policy through the same insurer. If I turn the ltd part over to my attorney, I'd have to pay him for it. He will only take backpay on the SS disability. I am flabergasted at the tactics that they try to use against you.
  6. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

My SS lawyer is working on a contingency basis and I did my homework before I hired him. Funny, when I spoke to the private insurer, one of the first questions they asked me was if I would be using an attorney and if I had applied for SS disability. I guess that tells the story.
  7. landra

landra New Member

It stands for disability insurance issues and they are REALLY helpful in telling you what to do about the ltd company. it is disinissues at yahoogroups dot come.

they have attorneys and people who used to work in the industry and for Soc. Sec. who answer questions. it is not a support group like this. Check some of the postings and the Files, so that you can make your question specific.

they are really helpful!!

And yeah, it should not be a hassle like this!
  8. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

so much for that information.