Just fell face first in the floor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, May 31, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

What a clutz!!! We have a big potty pad in the floor for our puppies. The phone rang and I took off running so that I could make it in time.

I slipped on the puppy pad cause they are so slick against the wood floor and fell face first in the floor. Have a big red mark on my hand and shoulder.

Go ahead and laugh!!!! I already feel the effects, and I'm sure I'll really feel them for the next few days.

Kriket
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

one more of those, and you won't have a face!!!

I hope you don't feel terrible tomorrow...but if you can, try to get an epsom salts bath and some extra pain meds in you, to keep "ahead" of what is bound to BE ahead!

Those puppy pads sound terribly dangerous! How about good ole duct tape, rolled in a circle and put on 4 corners???

Or even masking tape...something to hold it in place so this never happens again.

Take good care of you,
    findmind
  3. fm2

fm2 New Member

I feel for you. I fell also. I stepped into kitchen and down I went. There was water on the tile floor. I don't know about you but I just don't fall easy. I felt the effects feel fast and now I'm back in a flare up. Hope you don't have my luck. Be careful friend.

Trudi
  4. mamie43

mamie43 Member

I hope you're not suffering this evening. Ouch! I'm sending you a soft {{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}! Sooooo sorry!

Mamie43
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

too bad yet, but I bet by tomorrow and the day after I will be.

Kriket
  6. beegold422

beegold422 New Member

I have just posted something on falls and came back and saw your post. We must have been writing at the same time!!! I hope your pain goes away soon. I have been stubbing my toes and yesterday fell on my back on the floor hitting my whole spine on the edge of a bed frame. My tailbone is killing me along with a headache and neck pain. And, I didn't have any reason for the fall. It drives me crazy. Again,.....feel better!!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/31/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/31/2006]
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

OUCH!!! OUCH!!! OUCH!!!! THAT SOUNDS LIKE THAT HURT. SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR AND GET CHECKED OUT. YOU MIGHT HAVE KNOCKED SOMETHING OUT OF PLACE OR INJURED SOMETHING IN YOUR BACK, NECK, OR SPINE. I DON'T FEEL SO BAD NOW. HOPE YOU ARE OK, SOUNDS LIKE YOU REALLY DID DO SOME DAMAGE!!!!

KRIKET
  8. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Yikes!! Ooooh Kriket I hope you are okay!

I know that must really hurt and yes soak in some warm water tomorrow morning as well to help you through the rest of the day.

I fall all of the time but nothing like when I slipped and fell down the stairs here at home a few years ago feet first and all I got was some serious carpet burns and my side hurt and legs hurt. Thank goodness the stairs were not straight up, they had landings.

9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

who is about 86, fell down the stairs at his place. Made a hole in the sheetrock the size of a cantelope.

He said, "Oh, I'm ok. I broke my fall w/ my face."
  10. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

In the past few years I've lost count of the number of times I've fallen on my face. Unfortunately, I really land on my face and end up with huge bruises on my face and black eyes.

Tigger
  11. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Kriket,
    I'm sor sorry you fell. It really hurts, I know.

I fell last Friday, on my cemenmt driveway. At first I sat there, wondering how I was going to get up. My neighbors were all at work, and so I decided to try to put myself under hypnosis and get up. Well, after 2 tries, I did it! Im so grateful. I've been in bed since then because it caused a flare, but at least I know I'll get better. I tore my miniscus and injured my wrist, but I have a wrist brace, so I didn't need to go to the Dr.

I hope ou are feeling better soon.
    Hugs,
    Terry
  12. kriket

kriket New Member

I have a bruise coming up on my shoulder. I am getting really sore. I went and got a massage today, and she asked me "what have you done?" Soon as she started the massage, she knew I had done something.

She said my whole left side of ribs are kind of on top of each other and out of place. I think my whole left side and shoulder went into the wall before I landed on the floor. I have to do massages myself this weekend, and I am sooooo sore. Thanks for all of your support, I feel like such a dummy.

Kriket
  13. spmary

spmary New Member

Oh, I bet that hurt or will tomorrow. I fall alot too.
    but by some miracle I never break anything or even hurt.
    I had a stroke last nov. and my balancew has been off ever since. i always take a hot bath will epsom salts in it and that keeps me from getting sore. Good luck! Mary
  14. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi kriket,
    I did not see your post yesterday but did see it tonight. Bless your heart:( I saw that you had fallen sometime yesterday so I scrolled down, hoping to see another post from you today letting us know how you are doing.

I figured you would be very sore, if not hurt even worse. I hope you get well soon and not have to suffer more than you already were.

Hey, take care of youself, lol! Really! I'm glad that it wasn't more serious.

BlueSky555
  15. kriket

kriket New Member

Just got in from work. I did 3 hrs. of massage tonight and have 7 hrs. to do tomorrow. Man, I am sooo sore from falling. My back is screaming. Be glad when tomorrow is over. Hope everyone else is ok.

Kriket