Just FIRED my Doc of three years!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LeLeHpr, Feb 24, 2003.

1. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

Went to my PCP yesterday who told me to accept the fact I had FMS..And it was not like I had RA, so get over it! He also told me he sees people my age who are much sicker with diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure and I should be thankful I do not fall in that category...Well, I am thankful, thankful that today I am able to restrain myself from seriously injuring him...LOL He also showed his tru colors in that he does not believe in CFS...So, another uphill battle to find a doc who really believes in FMS and who will motivate me to keep fighting! THIS DD WILL NOT KEEP ME DOWN!
  2. bees

bees New Member

You did good firing him. Are you going to report him as well? He shoudn't be able to get away with treating people like that. I hope you find a good one soon.

(what does DD stand for?)
  3. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

Now if only I can do that. I'm having some troubles myself. My counselor told me to look for another doctor too, it's just hard to find any taking new patients AND that take your insurance. Plus having a chart the size of a bible doesn't help either, especially when most every lab test is normal.

Hope you find a good physician that respects you!

~LISA
  4. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

Firing my doc was not easy, but boy do I feel better! I will keep you posted on the hunt for an understanding doc!