just for fun-101 things to do at WalMart

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Oct 17, 2009.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

In case you have some excess energy and don't want to send it to me,
    here's an edited list of fun things to do at WalMart or maybe wherever you find yourself--

all of them can be found at

101 FUN THINGS TO DO AT WAL-MART (edited)

6. Challenge other customers to duels with tubes of gift wrap.

8. Re-dress the mannequins as you see fit.

10. Walk up to an employee and tell him in an official tone, “I think you’ve got a Code 3 in Housewares,” and see what happens.

11. Tune all the radios to a polka station; then turn them all off and turn the volumes up a bit higher than they already are. (already annoying levels usually, imho)

13. Walk up to complete strangers and say, “Hi! I haven’t seen you in so long!…” etc. See if they play along to avoid embarrassing you or themselves."

17. Follow people through the aisles, always staying about five feet away. Continue to do this until they leave the department.

20. Put M&M’s on layaway.
    (do they even still offer layaway these days??)

22. Set up a tent in the camping department; tell others you’ll only invite them in if they bring pillows. (AND Take your energy nap so you can keep shopping or having fun...)

24. Ask other customers if they have any Grey Poupon with them.

28. Play with the calculators so that they all spell “hello” upside down.

29. When someone asks if you need help, begin to cry and ask, “Why won’t you people just leave me alone?”
    (Firstly, this will NEVER happen...)

34. Dart around suspiciously while humming the theme from “Mission: Impossible.” (IF you can carry a tune that is!)

38. Attempt to fit into very large gym bags.

39. Attempt to fit others into very large gym bags.

42. Two words: “Marco.. Polo.”

50. Take some magazines over to the outdoor/patio furniture section and relax. If the store has a food court, buy a drink or bottle of water; explain that you don’t get out much, and ask if they can put a little umbrella in it.

53. Leave small sacrifices or gifts in the hands of the mannequins.

61. In the auto department, practice your retro “Madonna” look with various funnels. (just in time for Halloween)

63. While walking around alone, pretend someone is with you and get into a very serious conversation. Example: Pretend you're with someone who is breaking up with you and you begin crying “How could you do this to me? I thought you loved me! I knew there was another person, but I thought I had won...”
    (IMHO, no matter what you do, this probably wouldn't create an impression these days-- as people would assume you had a hands-free cellphone...)

73. In the food aisle, pretend like there’s a little bug, slowly move your head to the right, then swing your head to the left as if your trying to follow it. Slowly lower your head to the
    ground, then start spinning around in circles stomping like crazy. Then finally yell out “Yes!!! I got it!!! Wow, that was the biggest Cockrouch I’ve ever seen, i think it was pregnant!!!
    Hey look, there’s another one!!!” Then Repeat. (Even if you have to do it in slow motion.)

76. Ride around on those electric cars and say things like “Cheerio, good man...” "How do you do, Madame" to people who walk by. And don’t forget to have perfect posture.

83. Start to madly scratch yourself as you walk up to people asking where the rash cream is because your family and all your friends seem to have a rash too.

98. Stand next to a mannequin and pretend that you're a mannequin. Try to hold the same position for as long as possible. Then, as someone is walking by, check your
    watch and say, “Finally, my shift is done. I really don’t get paid enough to do this”

99. Get carried away singing oldies songs into a karaoke machine if it's usable (more likely at Christmas time.... (whether or not you can carry a tune)

2. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

I had some fun in wal-mart once.

After waiting for the "customer needs assistance in the arts & crafts aisle" person who was never gonna come - I went over to the next aisle (fabrics), picked up their intercom-phone-thingie (which conveniently had the code number for "intercom" written right there), & said:

"Customer STILL needs assistance in the arts & crafts aisle, is getting DANG tired of waiting as you people run the other way, every time I catch anyones' attention, & intends to stay on this intercom until somebody shows up over here..."

...And lo & behold! A half-dozen "associates" came running to assist me!!! LOL!

A small crowd of shoppers had stopped to watch me doing this.
    At first, they were aghast, but then they started cracking up & saying:
    "Oh! So THAT'S how to get a salesperson!!!"

Give it a try, the next time you're waiting thru your 7th "customer needs assistance" page! It works!!!

3. victoria

victoria New Member

Pip, you are a pip!
    (meaning the definition that you're truly a character, of course!)

That is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard! I will definitely pass that suggestion on to my friends and family, hehe! Tho I doubt they've got the nerve to try it.

still laughing...

4. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

I kinda surprised myself when I did that, but I figured, what the heck!
    I was getting REALLY frustrated, as I'd been waiting for over 20 minutes because "everyone is on break" (oh yeah, right!). I'd already missed the bus I had intended to catch after shopping, & besides, I don't think I can be arrested for it.

Being in the wheelchair, I had to really stretch to reach the phone-thingie, too!

And in the end, it wound up being pretty funny, & I instantly de-stressed...