Just for FUN giving kids modern/UNIQUE names YOURSELF TOO

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, May 7, 2007.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Just for fun if you're bored... need an escape... actually need a baby name LOL ... or whatever ...

but here's a warning:
    you may need to pick a day that you don't have really bad brain fog!

Given the proclivity of the younger generation trying to come up with special & unique names for their babies, here's one way:

For firstborn girl babies:
    1. First 3 letters of your mother's 1st name
    2. First 2 letters of your father's 1st name
    3. First 2 letters of your mom's mother's maiden name (if not known, use mother's maiden name)
    4. First 3 letters of the city in which you were born

for firstborn boy babies:
    1. First 3 letters of your father's 1st name
    2. First 2 letters of your mother's 1st name
    3. First 2 letters of your Father's mother's maiden name (if not known, use mother's maiden name)
    4. First 3 letters of the city in which child is born

For multiples of male/female children
    - just add an extra letter each child, each step. (LOL I feel sorry for the 7th son of the 7th son?!)

SO-- as an example, if it had started with my generation,

this would've made my name HAZKAKICHI and my brother KAHAPACHI (since there were only the 2 of us;)

and my husband EDWIDORDEECHI and his older brother EDWODODCIC

AND THEN---

continuing with my children based on the above system,
    my daughter would be HAZEDSCCO and my son would be EDWHABOATH . . .

Well, that's one way to get a unique name, better than orangejello and lemonjello... or at least a unique screen name... eh?

[This Message was Edited on 05/07/2007]
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

but my name would be ALLBUMOCHA.

3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

it was the baby-boomers. A couple of "kids" with boomer parents: Moon Unit Zappa, River Phoenix...

My younger friends are all calling their kids Ella, Ruby, Julian, Ava... names very reminiscent of the 1950s!

Peace out,
    (Sister of Geragbrtor)

PS Can I buy a vowel?

4. victoria

victoria New Member

I vote for a cross between elvish and Japanese!

I think the vowels sort've fit themselves in when the name is pronounced... how else to get from g to b to r to t...!!!

Actually Ava wasn't all the popular back then, even tho Ava Gardner was popular. It is now becoming a popular name...

What is no longer popular and shows you're from the 1940s/50s are names like Betty, in fact people in their 50s are often changing their first names so they don't sound 'old'!!!

Somewhere on the internet there is a baby name popularity generator, that graphs for about 100 years how names wane and wax in popularity!

5. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Beatlejuice. No it is Henryelizphelathen. I'm mostly asleep and this seems to be some kind of ancient tool. Hand me that thar....Henryelizphelathen... Well, it did before I fixed it...I am trying to think, but nothing is happening :( Man gone crazy! I am the 3rd born and my father's name is Henry. Do dis look right. I am worried.....
  6. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

I don't like my real name but using this system I would've been even more up set cause I'd be-- SARGOREBRO.
    Sounds like a cigar or something--LOL
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

maybe the real question is:

what would WE like to rename ourselves if we could and everybody would acquiesce?

I was reading a book by the NY Times Food Critic (can't remember her name) about how she had to go to extremes to disguise herself to find out what restaurants were really like when she went as 'somebody else'... sounds like fun actually to me. She said she actually took on the personality depending on how she was dressed, made up, wig, etc.

Of course, then we/she might be accused of having multiple personalities if someone didn't know what we were doing?!

8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I love unusual names, wish I would have though of this when I was naming my kids.

Mine would be: JusRaBoeNew.................Not too bad :)

Thanks for the mind twister.

Shalom, Shirl
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Now that might set a new trend!

What a cute idea. Think I'll send the formula on to some of my friends. Love it.

10. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Mine would be...Roselbooli

but my real one is almost as strange...Elexious

that was my father's and grandfather's name

lacey[This Message was Edited on 06/30/2007]
  11. victoria

victoria New Member

This method could also be a way to pick a user name or password somewhere ...

12. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Now that just describes how I look from the back alright!

LOL< LOL!!!

Best wishes and thanks for the laught,

jaltair or Estwidebak!