Just for this day Lord

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by CJ-Tex, May 6, 2003.

1. CJ-Tex

CJ-Tex New Member

Just for this day Lord these things I pray

Help me to appreciate my strengths and not worry about my weakness. Watch over me as I struggle with my own human condition. Lead me to You when I am feeling down, worried, and helpless.... Allow me to feel Your love, power, and grace in all things, giving You thanks all the day long. Allow me the sight to see the beauty in a world that is sometimes not so pretty. These things I ask of you today Lord in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen

C J
  2. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Lovely prayer,
    I have been reading this scripture all week.
    Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forgiveth all thine iniquities, who healeth all thy diseases"
    psalm 103: 1-3
  3. CJ-Tex

CJ-Tex New Member

Here is one that comes to mind:

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Jesus Christ came to earth in the form of a man to live with all of our human weakness' and imperfections. How amazing it is to think of nthe Son of God here in earth in the body of a man suffering for us! Because of this and the fact that He is our Father, our Creator, God knows our heart and our troubles. Blessed we will be when we can see past our own problems to the beauty and the possibilities of the world He created for us. These things I pray for help to do every day. Praise the Lord!

In faith,
    C J

[This Message was Edited on 05/15/2003]