just found out I have FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mum6, May 22, 2003.

1. mum6

mum6 New Member

I just found out I have FMS and I guess I am lucky my symptoms are bad to me but in reading everything I can find mine are not really that bad. Anybody else like this please let me know. I have good! days and bad days. Sleep is in spurts, not as much pain as I have heard about but alot of mucles aches and tingling feelings. Ears have a low buzz alot of the time. I have really experienced the fog stuff when I am over doing things. Would love to talk with others so I don't feel so isolated with this. I have great support from my husband but he thinks there has to be an answer.
  2. Ellie5748

Ellie5748 New Member

Welcome to our world. I also suffer with Fibro and sometimes it can really drag you down. There are good people here that will listen, be it crying, laughing or, just plain angry. There is also a wealth if info here if you need it. I hope that you have support at home because that's a biggie. I do sometimes. Hubby goes hot and cold about it. Oh well, again, welcome.

Regards,

Ellen
  3. Dorothy45

Dorothy45 New Member

I am abit confused as to what I have. One doctor says I suffer from fibro, and another says no. Representatives from a local support group say I suffer from it. All know is that I am frustrated, but because of this board, I feel better. Try to be patient, because I for one knows that anxiety just makes the symptoms worse. You will receive alot of valuable information from this board, and realize that different things work for different people. We humans are very unique, and we have to treat our bodies knowing this. Good luck!!
    Dorothy
  4. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

You'll find a lot of Support and Information from the members here.

This is one of the Best site's, it has a Large Library to find out more about FMS.

I highly recommend a Book by Dr. Devin Starlanyl, " Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome" "A Survival manual, and it sure was for me, once I got over the Shock of the dx, and did some research on the net.

Then I found this site, and that has been 3 years, and I have gotten a lot of my Life back.
    Trouble is, that with Co-exisiting conditions, like my Spinal Stenosis, and Degenertive Disc Disease, among other's, the FMS stays stired up, so I learned how to change my Life style and it's getting better.

The Support is the Key and talking to other's who are in the same boat Helps so much.

Sorry your here because of the FMS, but it's nice to meet ya. Tell us more about yourself, we have a Profile that you can fill out, it's at the Top of this page. click on edit profile.

God Bless you
    sharon/kredca4
  5. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

You have come to the right place - I can promise you that you will never feel isolated again!

If you need help, med suggestions, ANY suggestions, just want to vent, cry, scream - or whatever - it all happens here!

It's hard for our partners. Men are used to being able ot fix things and to there being an answer to pretty much everything. It's wonderful that he is a good support for you - many don't have that...unfortunately.

It's great to have you with us!

hugs
    Mary x
  6. benton

benton New Member

Hi

Welcome. Nice to have you with us, sorry you have been diagnosed with fibro. Yes i find its is a very up and down illness. It is for me anyway... Ive been in awful pain all week, but today woke up and felt so much better. Its a matter of live life day by day i think. When i have a good day, i try to make the most of it.

Nice to meet you, you are among friends here

Benton
    (mandy)
    xx
  7. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Welcome to the Board!
    Sorry it's under these conditions, but you will find it a safe, and helpful haven.
    Husbands are like that, they want to be able to fix everything :) You must give him time, in dealing with this, and the lack of answers, too.
    You will find pacing yourself, and some lifestyle changes will really help with these disorders.
    Best wishes,
    LL
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. Glad you have found us, and hope we hear from you often.

Another Fibromite here, so can relate to your pain.

It takes some changes in your lifestyle to deal with this along with your meds etc.

I have been at this for 20 years plus, so am pretty well settled in what I can do and can't do, but when I feel good I do get myself in trouble.

Again, welcome to the board.................

Shalom, Shirl